Wordsmith.org
Posted By: RLS Laughter for the Soul Issue #2! - 02/02/03 10:09 PM
Coming soon! Issue #2 of 'Laughter For The Soul'. Keep checking at my website (www.RLSheridan.com) - click on 'UP NEXT'.

Writer/Published Author/Humorist
Posted By: Capfka Re: Laughter for the Soul Issue #2! - 02/02/03 11:06 PM
Just for one, delirious moment I thought that the original RLS was back from the dead and posting on our Board ...

But welcome, anyway!

- Pfranz
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Welcome - 02/03/03 03:48 AM
Welcome to the board, RLS! As a writer and humorist I'm sure you have much delightful and insightful linguistic conversation to add to this board, and I look forward to your continued postings.

However, many of us are writers and humorists here with work to promote, and Anu, our esteemed webmaster, who runs this discussion board, and A.W.A.D., and the wordsmith.org site, as a non-profit labor of love, requests that any promotional solicitations be directed to a sponsorship of a Daily Word or AWADMail at a very modest cost. And all of us here honor his wishes, and respect this site enough, to make it a point to keep commercial self-promotion off this board. I'm sure you can see the benefit of this to all concerned. Here's the the link from Anu's A.Word.A.Day, which I'm sure you must be familiar with, where you can find an audience of a half million people for your promotional purposes at a very nominal fee...cheers!:

from A.Word.A.Day

>You? Reach more than half-million readers -- contact us at
http://sponsor@wordsmith.org.

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Welcome - 02/03/03 03:04 PM
Personally, I think it is very bad form for a stranger on his or her first post to be merely advertising some other site. I sentence RLS to 24 hours of listening to "The Macarena" and thirty lashes with a wet noodle.

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Welcome - 02/05/03 03:03 AM
And I want to carry out the lashings, because I agree with Alex.

Bad form, RLS. Come back nicer!

© Wordsmith.org