Wordsmith.org
Posted By: dodyskin silly games - 07/12/02 10:00 PM
these are all silly games you have probably heard before but here we go

1. A man is dead! hanging from a light fitting in an empty room. The room is empty except for a pool of water. How did he hang himself?

2. Romeo and Juliet are lying dead on the floor. The sitting room is drenched and there is a brick next to Romeo. The window is broken. How did they die?

3. A man walks into a room. Four people are sat round a table. There is a mirror on every wall except the wall with the door. 'hello you five', he says, why?

4. One is trapped in an empty room with no doors or windows in a forest. How does one escape?

5. There is a man slumped in a phone box. He is dead. The phone is off the hook and there are two holes in the glass. Outside there is a fishing rod. How did he die?

I know most of you will know these but those that don't, have a pop. Silly games are fun

Posted By: jimthedog Re: silly games - 07/12/02 10:46 PM
1. He didn't hang himself; he electrocuted himself.
2. Romeo poisoned himself, and Juliet stabbed herself.
3. There is another man who is not seated at the table.
4. There are no rooms in forests. One may simply walk to the nearest car, and drive home.
5. Now, if I answered all of them, the rest of you wouldn't have anything to do!

Posted By: Manx Re: silly games - 07/12/02 11:14 PM
The first one is easy, (sorry - jimthedog) he stood on a block of ice. But I too will not answer any more.

Posted By: dodyskin Re: silly games - 07/13/02 09:09 AM
nope, none correct jimthedog, sorry, but all good answers

Posted By: jimthedog Re: silly games - 07/13/02 10:41 AM
I was intentionally making up answers, but I thought I could get some right.

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: silly games - 07/14/02 11:20 AM
3. Either there a dog under the table as well - a la 'Julie, Dick, Ann, George and Timmy the dog', right? Or there is simply someone standing in the room, as well - so six people in all.

Posted By: of troy Re: silly games - 07/14/02 01:21 PM
re: #3

no, there was some one standing behind the door... (or to side of the door as it opened,) but now behind the open door.. not to be seen looking ahead, but very visible in the mirrors

Posted By: milum Re: silly games - 07/14/02 03:49 PM
Maybeso of Troy,

But consider this...

The four men at the table are playing draw poker. By looking into the three mirrors he can see the hands of three of the players and he can also see the hand of the man he is standing behind. One of the men draws only one card. He is holding all spades 3-4-6-7. The card he is given is the 5 of spades. Although he is usually well-mannered and considerate he can't help himself.
He exclaims "Well Helooo You Five". You see, you don't see a inside straight flush drawn in poker much anymore.

Posted By: Verlangen Re: silly games - 07/14/02 07:12 PM
3. The room has no doors, and no windows-- but it is a treehouse. One simply needs to climb down through the hatch.

5. The man drowned in the phone booth, which was lowered by a crane via the two holes. The fishing pole was dropped in the water by the surprised fisherman who witnessed the tragedy.

Posted By: milum Re: silly games - 07/14/02 08:23 PM
Damnation, I'd better hurry with the easy ones before they are all gone...

# 2. Romeo and Juliet are goldfish.

Uh...

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: silly games - 07/17/02 02:40 AM
I've heard the answer to #5! The man was on the phone, explaining to someone that the fish he'd caught was "this big" - he flung out his arms to either side, creating the two holes in the glass and slitting his wrists at the same time.

Ta-da!

Wait a minute, did I say I'd heard that? I meant, I figured it out. Yeah, that's it....

I gots another one:

6. There is a field strewn with clothing spread out in a long trail. At the end of the trail is a space; the next "item" in the field is a naked man, clutching half a matchstick. What happened?

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.
Posted By: dodyskin Re: silly games - 07/18/02 11:22 AM
one two and five are gone, three and four are still to go

Posted By: dodyskin Re: silly games - 07/18/02 11:44 AM
i like the answer to four so much i am posting it myself
you rub your hands together until they are sore
you saw yourself in half
put yourself back together
two halves make a whole
climb through the hole
cough until you make yourself hoarse
jump on the horse and ride home

TA DAA

Posted By: Verlangen Re: silly games - 07/24/02 04:56 PM
You ready to give us the answers yet, dody?

Posted By: Hyla Re: silly games - 07/24/02 05:24 PM
6. There is a field strewn with clothing spread out in a long trail. At the end of the trail is a space; the next "item" in the field is a naked man, clutching half a matchstick. What happened?

Two people, rapidly descending hot-air balloon, tossing off clothes to lighten load, man jumps to save life of companion, having drawn the shortest straw.

Posted By: dodyskin Re: silly games - 07/24/02 09:19 PM
no.3 he can't count

Posted By: milum Re: silly games - 07/24/02 09:53 PM
no.3 he can't count ~ dodyskin

Surely not Dodyskin, that would prostitute the whole tenor of the game.

© Wordsmith.org