Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Hyla Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/13/02 03:03 PM
Anybody mind if I just start a round of Hogwash™, without being officially handed the baton by the previous Hogmaster®?

If there are no objections, the word is lithage, and definitions are due by a week from right now (so Monday morning, May 20, as I read it here in California).

If there are objections, may this thread sink like a stone, ignored by all.

Good day.

Posted By: SilkMuse Post deleted by SilkMuse - 05/13/02 04:19 PM
Posted By: Hyla Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/13/02 04:23 PM
PM definitions to me, I'll post them, y'all will vote for definitions, and I'll score the results.

And, I'm hoping, somewhere in that process tsuwm will point me to the official scoring rules, which are no longer in effect, so I can ignore them properly.

Posted By: milum Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/14/02 08:13 AM
O'boy, O'boy, Hogwash Impromptu, count me in. One thing Hyla, in a off-handed way let your sex be known, so as we will be more able to properly flatter you come scoring time.

O'boy, O'boy, I hope this Spontaneous Hogwash doesn't sink like a lithage...I mean stone.

Posted By: Hyla Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/15/02 02:54 PM
in a off-handed way let your sex be known

At the risk of being branded a newbie-phobe, I think you'll find this is a YART. In other words - YCLIU.

Posted By: Hyla Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/20/02 04:20 PM
Okay, I've got 10 or so definitions (well, 10 or so people have submitted definintions, with some people submitting multiple offerings, one of which will be selected for final inclusion by the trained budgie sitting on my desk).

Anybody else want to play? I'll give it another day if y'all want, as I don't know if I'll get to the polling today.

Posted By: wsieber Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/21/02 01:07 PM
My definition (from a medical angle)
The administration of an emergency dose of lithium compound to an acutely manic patient.

Posted By: Hyla Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/21/02 02:59 PM
My definition (from a medical angle)

Uh, you're gonna want to come up with another definition and send it to me by PM. I suspect that this definition will not get many votes, as the entire AWAD community will be pretty sure it's not the real one.

Lithageously yours,

Hyla

Posted By: milum Re: Spontaneous Hogwash™ - 05/21/02 03:05 PM
Yeah, thats a pretty good definition you made up, wsieber, that should fool lots of people. But the ways of Hogwash are wicked. I don't think that you should broadcast your phony, if clever, definition to the people you are trying to fool. Some of them, you see, have no scruples, and will vote another way. Unless - - your post was a trick.

© Wordsmith.org