Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Putz exaptated - 12/20/01 02:06 AM
Once upon a time there was a young Englishwoman who went to Germany to learn the language. While there, she met a young man, whom she would eventually marry. He gave her a heart pendant necklace of the finest gold, with a Bible verse on the back. When her parents came over to visit her, she quoted the verse. Her father, knowing she was not a Bible scholar, asked how she came to know that verse. She showed him her pendant, and said, "It was written on the putz".

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Putz exaptated - 12/20/01 04:22 AM
this just in via snail-mail from Golden, CO:

An anthropology grad student discovered a remote tribe of very tiny people, only 6 inches tall, known as the Putz. Knowing that nobody would believe him otherwise, he decided to capture some of them and bring them home. So he put several of them in a shoe box and brought them back to the US.

When he got the building where he was to meet with his professor, he decided that the Putz needed some fresh air and sun (after being cooped up in a shoe box for several days) so he left them on the steps to bask in the sun. Wouldn't you know, shortly after he went in, there was a fire in the building, and the alarms went off. All the people came stomping out of the building and smashed all the Putz.

Moral: Don't bask all your Putz in one exit.

Posted By: wwh Re:Written on the Putz - 12/20/01 03:15 PM
A Frenchman using a latrine said to the fellow beside him: "I see we have the same mistress: "S. P. V."
"Mais non, m'sieu. When fully extended it reads "Souvenir de mon premiere visite au Exposition International a Paris 1937."

Posted By: duncan large Re:Written on the Putz - 12/20/01 08:08 PM
I like that tsuwm,I like that very much

the Duncster
Posted By: wofahulicodoc ...so let it be done - 12/21/01 01:55 AM
I've heard it presented as "Little" which expands to "Little Rock, Arkansas, State Champion, 1975-1976-1977". And this was well before our recent ex-president come on the scene...

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: ...so let it be done - 12/21/01 02:15 PM
The version I heard was that SWAN expanded to Saskatoon, Saskathewan.

Posted By: Keiva Re: ...so let it be done - 12/21/01 04:11 PM
SWAN vs. Saskatoon, Saskathewan

Commentary on US culture: I have seen TEd's version used as the punchline of one of those mass-market greeting cards sold in ordinary drugstores.

Posted By: of troy Where do you buy your drugs? - 12/21/01 04:45 PM
I am guessing that ordinary drugstores is a retronym..

and the guys who hang out on the street corners, or have shops in abondond builings are not ordinary drugstores..

© Wordsmith.org