Wordsmith.org
Posted By: maverick 6 Degrees of CRparationS - 10/19/01 11:45 AM
OK, you have to utilise existing cockney rhyming slang or make up your own phrases, to get in six stages from one word to another.

The first word is TREE ~ would someone like to suggest the destination?

Posted By: Faldage Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/19/01 01:55 PM
HOUSE

Posted By: belMarduk Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/19/01 07:05 PM
Tooo may glasses of wine at lunch. What do you mean? I know you can say a Tree house but where do we need to go from there.

[completely daft at word games emoticon]

Posted By: Faldage Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/19/01 07:27 PM
Tree ==> wine and brie ==> yours and mine ==> mangy curs ==> tall and rangy ==>pardon us all ==> house and garden ==> house

Posted By: belMarduk Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/19/01 07:55 PM
Oh, well, yes, um-hm, yes-siree, couldn't be clearer than that I say. Too true, too true, now you got me amblin in the right direction. I see where you are going with this. Thank you ever so much Faldage. Yup.

Pretty evident it was, right there before my eyes....Tree ==> wine and brie ==> yours and mine ==> mangy curs ==> tall and rangy ==>pardon us all ==> house and garden ==> house Pssshhhh, don't know how I missed it.

Righto, let me just back away slowly now.

Posted By: Keiva Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/19/01 08:58 PM
Notice how Faldage named the target, and then was the one who promptly hit it?

Kind like the practicing marksmanship by shooting against a barn and always getting bulleyes -- by shooting first and then painting the target around the spot where you hit.

Posted By: maverick Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/21/01 06:35 PM
A Cockney poet, too, Fal de Age? My stab hijacks a real phrase and subverts it for new use!

Tree
Rosie Lee
Old Nosey
Bought and Sold
Smells in Court
Grouse and Bells
House

‘I was that dry when I got in the cat that me belly though me throat’d been cut ~ “here,” I called out, “gimme a bitch of Old Nosey, girl, an make it quick!” “I can’t,” she calls back, “the milk grouses like yer grandad’s socks.” “Why’s that?” says I, an she calls back “Cause it was Sunday it was smells! I got some lemon, though…” “What d’you fink I am, girl? I ain’t putting anything orf of a Rosie in me marf!” says I, an ups and offs down the wash for a stroll.’

Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 10/21/01 09:49 PM
Posted By: musick Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/22/01 02:28 PM
WW - One of my favorite *issues with describing music as mathematics... musicians start counting from "one", not from zero!

Posted By: Faldage Re: 6 Degrees of Self Defense - 10/22/01 03:58 PM
Faldage named the target, and then was the one who promptly hit it

I named the target before hitting it. I was content to let others have their say without trying myself but was spurred by belM's curiosity about what we were doing and thought what better way to reply than by example.

Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 10/22/01 04:12 PM
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 6 Degrees of CRparationS destination - 10/23/01 12:12 AM
Bought and Sold
Smells in Court

Um, Mav~

those of us who speak *unaccented english do not consider "bought" and "court" to be rhyming.

© Wordsmith.org