Wordsmith.org
Posted By: teresag eat gold or else - 09/08/01 03:15 PM
That's an anagram of my first and last name. Click on Anu's anagram server (using the advanced option, I'd suggest) and find your favorite name anagram. It's one of the better anagram-makers I've seen.

Posted By: Jackie Re: eat gold or else - 09/09/01 02:17 AM
teresag = A ERG SET
AGE REST
GEAR SET
RAGE SET
ARES GET
SERA GET
SEAR GET
SEAT ERG
EAST ERG
TRAG SEE
SAG TREE
GAS TREE
STAG E'ER
STAR GEE
TSAR GEE
AS EGRET
AS GREET
AT SERGE

I kind of like that Sag Tree one, myself!

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: eat gold or else - 09/09/01 09:05 AM
I guess that she was making Goode use of the subject line, rather than her moniker, Jackie!

It is a bit late to welcome you, Estella, but I've not been around so much recently, and this is the first time we've met. So - good day, how do you do? [shake hands emoticon]

Posted By: Jackie Re: eat gold or else - 09/10/01 12:32 AM
Rhuby, your screen name yields prolly upwards of 2,000
scramblings, so I did not look at them all. But I did like:

A DAMN COMB BURR HO
MADAM BRUNCH BOOR
RHUBARB CAN DO MOM

Posted By: consuelo How about this... - 09/10/01 01:04 AM
My full name yielded way too many to mention but I did copy down a few. ONCE DONNER PI, COED PRONE INN, NICE DONOR PEN, NICE END ON PRO, ONCE IN PONDER, DORIC NEON PEN
Consuelo was a little more manageable. CLUE SOON, CONE SOUL, ONCE SOUL, COLON USE, UNO CLOSE

Posted By: tsuwm try this... - 09/10/01 02:47 AM
damn the saratoga

Posted By: Jackie Doric neon pen - 09/10/01 02:47 AM
Watch out, you might be grabbed up by all the pen lovers in the other thread. Oh, that's a good anagram!

Posted By: Geoff Re: eat gold or else - 09/10/01 01:38 PM
I came up with drag sense off - quite appropriate for who I am, I fear. Then there's deaf serf song, which also describes my singing talent.

Posted By: of troy ELFIN HEN FRIG - 09/10/01 01:45 PM
not to long a list .. i like elfin hen frig best.

FENNEL FRIG HI
HEEL FRIG FINN
HERE FLING FIN
RIFFLE HE GINN
RIFFLE HEN GIN
FILE FERN NIGH
LIFE FERN NIGH
ELFIN HEN FRIG
FINE HER FLING
INFER HE FLING
FIRE HEN FLING
FERN LEIGH FIN
FERN GEL FIN HI
FERN LEG FIN HI
FERN GLEN IF HI
FERN HE FLING I
GEL HE FINN FIR
GEL HEN FIN FIR
GEL HER IF FINN
LEG HE FINN FIR
LEG HEN FIN FIR
LEG HER IF FINN
GLEN HE FIN FIR
GLEN HEN IF FIR
GLEN HER IF FIN
GLENN HE IF FIR

Posted By: rodward Re: ELFIN HEN FRIG - 09/10/01 03:26 PM
Picking just one out of the long list for my full name:
Our Lewd Randy Pa

Nah - that's not me!

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: ELFIN HEN FRIG - 09/10/01 04:20 PM
While reading some Herman Hesse I was thrilled discover that my complete name could create the following anagram:

Damien: I will learn Abraxas.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: ELFIN HEN FRIG - 09/12/01 02:41 PM
In a fit of unusual pretention , I labelled the door of my room at Ruskin College, "Larkwittey Hall."
Many of my comrades puzzled over it. The lady who roomed next door to me, who hailed from South Africa, with Xhosa as her mother tongue and Afrikaans as her second language, looked at it for a little over thirty seconds, and realised that it was my name.

Posted By: teresag Not fun, but definitely ironic. - 09/12/01 04:23 PM
World Trade Center:

DANCE DWELT TERROR
LEWD TORRENT RACED
CREATE WORLD TREND
CLATTER RENDER DOW

Or, on a much lighter note:
DARN COW TED LET ERR!
(That Ted, can't trust him with cows.)

Be well, all of you with friends or family directly affected by this awful tragedy.

Posted By: TEd Remington DARN COW TED LET ERR! - 09/12/01 05:14 PM
Moot point. The next house Peggy and I buy will be called that. Good name for a lawyer's house. Sorta like Tooth Acres for a dentist, or my favorite, Bedside Manor, which is what my ex-wife (a nurse) and I called our place in West Virginia.

Darn. I wonder if this could be the start of a new thread.

Posted By: wow Re: Anagrams - 09/12/01 07:37 PM
I ain't tellin' cause it gave me two good pseudonyms if I ever decide to write tacky romance novels.

Posted By: maverick Re: Anagrams - 09/13/01 07:27 PM
(make up your own stories to the headlines)

LET WORD RENDER ACT

A CROWD TEND LET ERR

CAD WE'D LENT TERROR

CREATE WORLD TREND

DETER CENTRAL WORD

CLEAR TREND WE'D ROT

WE'D END CARTEL TORR

TRANCE DETER WORLD

LET CRATER END WORD

LORD, WE RETRACT END

WE'D TEND TALC ERROR

END: RED CLAW RETORT

CLAWED END TERROR

RENDER OLD WET CART

TRACT LED NEW ORDER

WE’D LEND ACT TERROR

ERRAND CREW LED OTT

DETER RETARD CLOWN

TRADER CREW END LOT

RAT CREED TREND LOW

Posted By: teresag Re: Anagrams - 09/14/01 01:31 PM
WE'D TEND TALC ERROR

Authorities reported today that talc has been used improperly on babies' bottoms for literally centuries. The proper technique involves dusting, not rubbing talc into the areas likely to become moist. Responding to the information, the surgeon general said, "If Americans were informed, we'd tend talc error immediately."

Back to the WTC topic: I think we'll definitely deter those retard clowns.

Posted By: Flatlander Re: Anagrams - 09/14/01 02:22 PM
RAT CREED TREND LOW

The religious apathy that has been forcing church closings and congregational mergers throughout the world has spread to the rodent community, and it is not restricted to any single mousy denomination. In Britain, several centuries-old Cheddar of England parishes have had to shut their tiny doors. In the US, attendance at both Prize-bite-terian and Roaming Cat-lick services are down almost 80% since 1975. Said one lapsed rat, "Why should I spend all Sunday singing 'A Maze In Grace' when I don't even know if I really believe in Gouda anymore?"

Posted By: maverick Re: Anagrams - 09/14/01 02:40 PM
LMAO! Quite brilliant, Flats

Posted By: teresag Re: Anagrams - 09/15/01 02:47 AM
CLAWED END TERROR

In a move said to presage similar acts by other beleaguered suburbanites, teresag's family today disowned their 12-year old male grey and white Maine coon. The aging feline was banned from the household and relegated to the garage and a small, hastily-constructed litter box shack out beside the hose rack. Said the youngest member of the family, his arms wrapped in gauze, "Now we can buy upholstered furniture in peace."

Neighbors reported that strange yowling noises were coming from the house in recent weeks, and the teresag family often displayed unexplained, yet unmistakable, linear bleeding marks on their extremities.

The family dog was unavailable for comment.

© Wordsmith.org