Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Tete-a-tete - 08/07/01 04:07 PM
I would like to propose an amusing little game, to consist of an imaginary conversation between two literary characters, using their own words. This tete-a-tete should be between a man and a woman, not necessarily from the same book or work, nor even from the same era or time. You might have Helen of Troy, as recorded by Homer, speaking with Sam Spade, as recorded by Hammett. I'll start with the following (not too difficult) and the first to correctly identify the interlocutors, either by posting or PM to me, will get to submit a new tete-a-tete.

"Lawyers and tarts are the the oldest professions in the world. And we always aim to please."
"I am surprised that you should leave my company to attend on such a painted Jezebel as that. What business had she here at all?"

Posted By: wow Re: Tete-a-tete - 08/09/01 04:12 PM
Dear BobY .. what a good idea! But the wrong season for me. It is summer and I haven't the time to go searching for quotes ... too much to do , sunbathe, swim, picnic, walk, sip lemonade, visit friends ... It's all I can do to find time to keep up (sort of) with the Board. Try me again in winter when I am stuck indoors and looking for an antidote to the cabin fever. But that's just me!
Aloha, wow

© Wordsmith.org