Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Flatlander Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/04/01 11:53 AM
Here are the options, minus one correct guess (Bravo, Paul B.). For future reference, the initials are usually of an organization, society or group of some sort (which all of the guesses this round were, but I just wanted to clarify). Also, ONE guess only, please.

The "acronym" was: I. A. S. C. B.

A. International Association of Scrabble Control Boards

B. International Association of Sand Castle Builders

C. International Association of School and College Burnouts

D. Irregular Assemblage of Sutlers, Colporteurs & Bottlers

E. International Association of Serrated Cardboard Boxmakers

F. Imperial Arcturan Sybaritic Control Board

G. International Association of Societies for Commissioning Boards

H. International Association of Sugarmongers, Confectioners & Bakers

Good luck to all. Anyone can vote. Polls close at 8:00 am Eastern Daylight Time, Wednesday June 6.

H has to be the intelligent vote, I suppose, so I'll go for it.

But, in passing, I have to note that "D" has a ring of authenticity about it which is appealing.
Of course, in the ideal world either "B" or "F" should be the answer

Posted By: rodward Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/04/01 02:14 PM
I'll guess H.
Rod

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/04/01 05:03 PM
OK, I'll bite. F

Posted By: Sparteye Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/04/01 06:08 PM
I like B. Even if that isn't the original IASCB, I like B.

Posted By: jimthedog Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/04/01 07:22 PM
D

jimthedog
Posted By: maverick Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/05/01 12:40 AM
E

is so mundane, surely no-one would make it up?!

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/05/01 01:17 AM

Posted By: Bingley Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/05/01 04:50 AM
I'll plump for B. If it's not the answer, who's up for founding it?

Bingley
Posted By: jimthedog Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/05/01 09:14 AM
who's up for founding it?
Me.

jimthedog
Posted By: nikeblack Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/05/01 10:35 PM
...hmmm... G just looks too too official.

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: Non-Acronym Expansion Game - Vote Here - 06/05/01 10:47 PM
Based on my assumption that the most boring definition is probably the correct one, I also choose G.

By the way, it's nice to have you back nikeblack. It got lonely being the only Pennsylvanian aBoard.

© Wordsmith.org