Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Zed Bookart - 07/25/10 06:49 AM
I don't usually approve of making books unreadable but I love this artist's work.
Never mind, I couldn't make the link work. I will try again when i figure it out.
Posted By: Zed Re: Bookart - 07/25/10 06:55 AM
Let's try [url=www.flickr.com/photos/lizbits/sets/72157603338469464/]this[/url]

Nope.
Anyone know if it is because I am trying to link to flickr?
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bookart - 07/25/10 11:16 AM
You had an extra http// in there. Still kinda slow coming up. It is rather heavily photo-laden.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Bookart - 07/25/10 03:24 PM
Great Zed! How many priceless irreplaceble manuscripts have been worked into this? (joking). Lovely obsession. ;~)
Posted By: Avy Re: Bookart - 07/26/10 01:28 AM
[Weep]
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bookart - 07/26/10 02:45 AM
Now, Avy, there comes a time in every book's life when the content is of no use any longer. (Though I do sympathize: I once had to throw away some books that had gotten mildewed, and I felt like a traitor.)

Zed, this is one of those things that makes me think: how did anyone DO that?? Or think to do that?
Posted By: BranShea Re: Bookart - 07/26/10 10:02 AM
there comes a time in every book's life when the content is of no use any longer.

[Weep]
Posted By: BranShea Re: Bookart - 07/28/10 08:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
Zed, this is one of those things that makes me think: how did anyone DO that?? Or think to do that?

I suppose it starts with origami and silhouet clippings. Then one day you see an old telephone guide and all hells break loose. Bookart is a widely practised form of art, hobby, artisanat. +- 111.000 results.

brace yourself!
Posted By: Avy Re: Bookart - 07/29/10 01:32 AM
I guess it's the best burial you can give a book. I am a pack rat where it comes to books. I live in a largely empty house filled with books.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Bookart - 07/29/10 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Avy
I guess it's the best burial you can give a book. I am a pack rat where it comes to books. I live in a largely empty house filled with books.

Me too!
If I took out the bookshelves and books my house would double
in size, but then, I'd have lost many of my friends.
Posted By: beck123 Re: Bookart - 07/30/10 12:12 AM
Me, too, to all the above. Part of my library is a small collection of old-to-very-old natural history books, and whenever I see one of their plates for sale somewhere, I think first, "How could they do that to a beautiful old book?" and, second, "Although it's tragic, my intact copy is now that much more scarce."
Posted By: Zed Re: Bookart - 08/03/10 06:07 AM
did anyone ever make Reader's Digest angels and choir when they were kids? Where you fold the top of each page into the spine and then spray paint it.
I have also seen a lamp base made by drilling through a pile of books to run a pipe and wire through. Several titles looked interesting and it did feel like litericide.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Bookart - 08/03/10 07:07 AM
Like this you mean? Like this?
Posted By: Zed Re: Bookart - 08/03/10 07:12 AM
Worse
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Bookart - 08/03/10 03:46 PM
It was an inevitable project in scouts.
Posted By: beck123 Re: Bookart - 08/06/10 02:22 AM
I'll bet that hurt. It was bad enough with books.
Posted By: Zed Re: Bookart - 08/06/10 07:22 AM
Ha!
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bookart - 08/07/10 02:01 AM
[squawk!] Do they have ANY idea of the trouble it'll be to DUST that thing???

[squawk again!] From Zed's link; emphasis added: Shauna Smith Duty is a freelance writer with a penache for writing... I had hoped this might be a deliberate wordplay, but I think not, given that this was also in the article: Have a bunch of old books laying around that you're not interested in reading?
Posted By: beck123 Re: Bookart - 08/07/10 05:06 AM
A penache from writing would have been a good one.
© Wordsmith.org