Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Want to spend more time at your computer? - 10/07/08 01:38 AM
Go here. I posted about this site before, but it's been so long I'd forgotten it myself.
Posted By: Owlbow Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 10/07/08 02:07 PM
Thanks Jackie, I just sent an hour neglecting work.
Some wonderful and silly stuff here.
Oops - now it's break-time. \:\)
I suppose for an owl, break time would be beak time?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 10/08/08 04:43 PM
Beaker, maybe!
calling Dr. Bunson Honeydew!
Posted By: Owlbow Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 10/09/08 11:24 AM
How did you know!?
Beaker is my alter ego.
Me, hard at work, in the (red) zone:

Posted By: Jackie Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 10/10/08 02:12 AM
Ooh, good likeness! HA!
Posted By: Bazr Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 12/02/08 07:12 AM
Many thanks Jackie. You have saved me hours of research to find a site that is absolutely priceless !!!
Just found this site: glad I have hours to spare, yuk, yuk. Don't you wish you did? Yet those with carpal tunnel seem to have time to spare. How do you spare it???
We spread it out over 8 or more years.
Originally Posted By: Faldage
We spread it out over 8 or more years.

And that is almost 1500 a year.

But 125 a month is not so bad I guess. Congrats.
I made about the same observation two and a half years ago and when I sometimes look at that number I'm greatly embarrassed. shocked
yeah, heaven forfend we should want to spend time with a group of interesting people and discuss language....
You certainly are on top of the list of nomeninees for the title
"Big Smile Of The Day". (pardon my cacozelia).
Originally Posted By: BranShea
cacozelia

Thanks for the new word!

I don't know about any of you, but I once had a get together with some internet chat friends, and it was a blast! A bunch of us met in Niagara Falls, went to eat, did some sightseeing, and one person was a pilot and took us up in his plane over the Falls. So cool! It would be the even cooler if people who wanted to from this site could get together. I realize given the far-flungness of our habitats that it will likely never happen, but it would be MAD cool! :0)
Thanks where they are due:
worthless word of the day (e.i.tsuwm)
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Want to spend more time at your computer? - 01/22/09 04:56 PM
thanks, Branny. (have y'all noticed the link to hogwash words? which serves to remind me, I haven't updated the list lately.)
-joe (yet another shameless self-promotion) friday
© Wordsmith.org