Wordsmith.org
Posted By: BranShea Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 07:47 AM
Wish-gifts for the festive season:
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Alex Williams
: A leading part in comfortable footwear in what he considers
" The Greatest Show on Earth".
Aramis:Ozali moto malamu.
AnnasStrophic and Faldage: A giant jar of fireflies for 100 % "off the grid" festive sparkle.
Bigwig Rabbit: Roots and more roots as being good for eyes and brain.
Dale: A 'hot'- sublink to Zen and the ways to enjoyment of things one can't talk or run with.
etaoin: That classic, profound little word 'heh' cast in gold.
GallantTed: A pretty tiptoeing trollop.
Hydra: a personal video hydra and the Anatomy of Euphoria.
Jackie: A bonus real copy of the Dord if you give me your adress.
Myridon: The next word: jerrycummumble
of troy: The never ending yarn that changes color and fabric at wish.
Olly: All things nice and jolly.
Pennyless: From Heaven. Everything that's good and better.
The FallibleFeind: FreindlyFestivities.
Themilium: Special findings and LongeVITY.
tsuwm: A first edition in print of the best - ron joe (cursives)- obvious friday.
Zed: colorful glassworks and pointy puns.
ZmejhZ : Rare Roots and Precious Pies in the sky.

Just good wishes and happy feriation to all and to Anu,family and crew.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 12:54 PM
Thank you so much for the thoughts and for the lovely way in which you expressed them. May you have the best year ever in 2008.
Posted By: pennyless Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 01:32 PM
My
Esteemed
Readers,
Rally
Your

Careworn
Hearts.
Revel
In
Sharing
Tradition,
Mirth
And
Serenity.

What a wonderful group of folks you are. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your minds.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 01:55 PM
thank you, Bran!!!

how wonderful!

happy holidays, all!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 02:09 PM
>happy holidays, all!

and felicific feriations!!

-joe (too bad it's not a holimonth) friday
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 02:25 PM
To Bran and Penny,

Thank you for your wishes! What a delightful surprise.

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/24/07 05:27 PM
Quote:
A leading part in comfortable footwear in what he considers "The Greatest Show on Earth".

Very nice, thank you! Perfect.

Merry Christmas to you BranShea and to everyone else too.

Alex
Posted By: themilum Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/25/07 05:53 PM
______ ///>> MERRY CHRISTMAS <<\\ *

Thank all you AWADERS, for your pleasant company, your wit and and your forbearance durning this past year. My gift to you is that I will endeavor to become a more suitable chatmate in the coming year. A more sensitive and more tolerant Milo will grace these illustrous pages in 2008. But since it is still 2007 I'd like you all to take note of the asterisk in my Christmas greeeting.

* My "Merry Christmas" greeting is to all but one of the Awaders here. To him (or to her) my gift is a lump of coal and a one-way ticket to Burnt Corn,Alabama. Burt Corn is where Doublehead Johnson lives -- the meanest man in Alabama. Then I'd have all my nemesises in one croger sack (so to speak) and I could watch them.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/25/07 06:46 PM
>Then I'd have all my nemesises in one croger sack...

again I hesitate to ask, but is this different to a 'Kroger sack'?

-joe (still asking all the tough ones) friday
Posted By: themilum Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/25/07 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: tsuwm
>Then I'd have all my nemesises in one croger* sack (which up north they spell with a capital K").

Again I hesitate to ask, but is this different to [than] a 'Kroger sack'?

-joe (still asking all the tough ones) friday

Whatever you say, tsuwm, I'll edit that*. I think you'll like Burnt Corn, Alabama.
Posted By: of troy Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/25/07 10:43 PM
is a croger sack like a croker sack?
--which i read somewhere was a crocus sack (but why one would have sacks of crocus(vs tulips or other bulbs) was never explained.

what sort of sack do you think off? a burlap bag?

(that what i think of when i refer to a sack of potatoes, but in reality, even 50lb bags of potatoes are sold in nylon (and tyvec) bags theses day (same with 20lb bags of onions)

and smaller portions (5lb bags) are plastic! but i still say "pick up sack of potatoes, (but would never call a plastic bag a sack!)
Posted By: themilum Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/25/07 11:21 PM
You are absolutely right, Helen, that dern tsuwm made me change "croger" sack to "Kroger" sack because he is a word bully.

See?

Word Dectective: The forms "croaker sack" and "croker sack" are both variants of "crocus sack," the coarse burlap bags used to ship crocus. The crocus, known to most of us as a colorful flowering plant, is, more importantly from an economic standpoint, also the source of saffron, an orange-red powder used in flavoring and coloring food. (This saffron differs from "Indian saffron," which is the spice turmeric.) While "croker sack" is primarily heard in the American South today, "croker" as a term for a crocus merchant dates all the way back to 16th century England."

That tsuwm is a mean man.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 12/26/07 10:22 AM
(1)"No, madam, it was your turn to bully me once -- now it's mine, and I
use it. No, you old catamaran, .*X >^!^0& !@%!*"
William * Makepeace *Thackeray.
(2)The man who can make others laugh secures more votes for a measure than the man who forces them to think. Malcolm De Chazal, writer and painter(1902-1981)(Anu's 2 intuitive quotes of the day. )

Why a catamaran means mostly women in the figurative sense is a riddle to me. Quarrels?All we do is take care of the crocusses.

Quote:
What a wonderful group of folks you are. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your minds.

I subscribe to Penny's line and would like to have this little one for my earrings.
Posted By: pennyless Re: catamaran - 12/26/07 11:58 PM
Well, ships are usually referred to as "she", and anyone who has ever sailed knows that certain boats can be cantankerous. As for us women,
Posted By: Jackie Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 01/03/08 02:52 PM
Just getting here after a holiday hiatus with my family; thanks, Branny! I could've gotten the book some time ago: 'twas the autograph I wanted!
And you were right, Ron--it was obvious, once you'd seen 'em all. But I was desperate, yet determined to follow Anu's darned rule about one entry per person...
Posted By: GallantTed Re: Best wishes-gifts for many - 01/04/08 02:42 AM
Howya BranShea

Just spotted yer List. Amazenly that's exactly what I got from Santy. A course, the oul sod never left the receipt so is ya see him ya can tell him that he can have it back.

Be seein ya

GT
© Wordsmith.org