Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Elizabeth Creith This sweek's entries..... - 08/25/06 11:21 AM
The entries are in.

a)The finely ground particulate added to natural gas to give it a recognizable odor.

b)small curved blade for hollowing out the bowls of carved spoons (similar to scorp, used for carving chair seats, but smaller.)

c)the name of an old magazine, since replaced by New Sweek.

d)Chastity. cf swaik

e)sweek: us gang slang, to get lunch money from others by intimidation. Ex: song by rapper Q-bop-a-gurula - sweek the geek and drop the dime, toby bitch.

f) the moving stick in a bird trap

g)(onomatopoeia) the sound of certain species of bat whose cry is audible to humans.
Posted By: Alex Williams sweek, eek! - 08/25/06 11:47 AM
As a reformed Hurried Hogmaster who has suffered the slings and arrows of the mobs of frustrated would-be submitters, allow me to step in and say right off the bat that the current exchange rate is such that a Canadian sennight is equal to five U.S. days, hence the opening of the voting phase today.

That said I have no earthly idea what sweek is, so I'm going to have to guess. Matching the unknown sweek with the subject I am least familiar with, I cast my vote for D.
Posted By: Aramis Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/25/06 12:05 PM
Going with b) and hoping e) is entirely fictional.
Posted By: Faldage Re: sweek, eek! - 08/25/06 01:35 PM
Quote:

... the current exchange rate is such that a Canadian sennight is equal to five U.S. days, hence the opening of the voting phase today.

I thought it was just me, although my thoughts have been elsewhere.

B, D, and F are the onliest ones that attract me.

B) Scorp sounds as made up as sweek. Whether that's a plus or minus is beyond me right now.

D) This one has the advantage of being terse.

F) What the F. That's what I'm going with. F
Posted By: Elizabeth Creith Re: sweek, eek! - 08/26/06 02:44 AM
Quote:

allow me to step in and say right off the bat that the current exchange rate is such that a Canadian sennight is equal to five U.S. days, hence the opening of the voting phase today.

Awww, thanks, Alex [kiss-e]

To the rest - apologies [abasing self-e]
Posted By: themilum Re: sweek, eek! - 08/26/06 04:21 AM
Me? I like playing cropped Hogwash.
Reduce the options, increase my chances, is the way I figger.
This is my moment, which I glady share with Faldage.

F is for Faldage, F is for Farfetched, and F is for that funky little trigger that is used in traps.

Me? I vote F.

Posted By: Faldage Re: sweek, eek! - 08/26/06 01:35 PM
Thanks for jinxing me, Milo.
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: sweek, eek! - 08/26/06 06:44 PM
D
Posted By: musick Re: sweek, eek! - 08/26/06 08:12 PM
I'll bust a move on E.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: sweek, eek! - 08/27/06 06:35 AM
Never heard of it. I contributed nothing to this mess. But I'll pick F 'cause it sounds like something that could be real.
Posted By: themilum Re: sweek, eek! - 08/27/06 10:36 AM
Quote:

Thanks for jinxing me, Milo.

My pleasure, Faldage, but this time I think that you'll be pleasantly suprised. Don't tell but I looked it up in a "Southeastern Trapper" magazine. But hey, I don't even care if Hogmistress Lizzy throws out my vote for cheating. My joy will be your joy in getting something right for a change.
Posted By: musick Been there, done. - 08/27/06 02:49 PM
Don't be the moving stick in Milo's trap y'all... he's done done this afore trying to nick more bird votes...
Posted By: wofahulicodoc spooning - 08/27/06 09:06 PM
What the h...no, wait a minute, there isn't any h. Okay, I'll write sloppily, fill in the bottom, and vote for b.
Posted By: Bingley Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/28/06 04:52 AM
E.But I would appreciate elucidation of what exactly a toby bitch is. I've heard of a toby jug, but never a toby bitch.
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/28/06 11:05 AM
Like Faldage, I was tempted by the terseness of D, but unlike him, I've been seduced by the florid pretension of BSo, just as it was for the handwringing, ever-whining Dane, to B is the answer.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/28/06 06:50 PM
I vote for number G, just because it's so improbable.
(as opposed to number C, which is just impudent/imprudent.)
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/28/06 07:43 PM
ah. B.
Posted By: consuelo Re: This sweek's entries..... - 08/30/06 10:18 AM
I'm going to vote for a just because there has been no mention made whatsoever...
© Wordsmith.org