Wordsmith.org
Posted By: JosieWales Need an "A" Word - 02/08/01 02:33 PM
Im creating a new company called <something> cabling. My boss's requirements are that it must be an "A" word and must be professional sounding. Our best guesses so far are "Advance Cabling" and "Action Cabling"

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/08/01 02:49 PM
Alpha?

Posted By: Hyla Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/08/01 03:33 PM
Able? Says you're competent, and the rhyme might make it more memorable.

Posted By: Solamente, Doug. Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/08/01 09:17 PM
AAA Abco Cabling will always get you in the front of the Yellow Pages!

Seriously, how about good ol' Acme Cabling? Then there's Apex Cabling, Advantage Cabling, All-___ Cabling (depending on your what you wnt to say about your product, ie: All-Weather Cabling, All-Access Cabling)...

Posted By: Marty Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/08/01 10:01 PM
Shame about the -ing stipulation, you could have been the Ami Cable Co, or Appli Cable Co. Dispensing with the requirement to start with "A" (oh, and the professional bit!) opens up the options Communi Cable or Impec Cable or (dare I suggest them?) Despi Cable, Impracti Cable, Irrevo Cable and Inextri Cable.

Posted By: wsieber Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/09/01 07:45 AM
Accomo Cabling
Adductive Cabling
Attractive Cabling
All-in-one Cabling

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/09/01 10:09 AM
How about a cultural note?

Aesthetic Cabling?
Artistic - ?
Architectural - ?
Aristitolean - ?
I mean Aristotelean added later

No? OK, then, let's see - [deepthought icon, based on Rodin's sculpture]

If you wish to fit into the surroundings,
Ambient - ?

Autonomic Cabling is so meaningless that it will fit into any context qite seamlessly. Asymetric Cabling has different meanings depending on which way you look at it.

If you wish to imply that the value of your company is self-evident, try Axiomatic Cables.

[brain exploding icon]

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/11/01 12:09 PM
I like "Able Cable"--very memorable, flattering name, which describes the service offered and implies quality.

Posted By: wow Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/11/01 02:00 PM
Thanks, Alex!
And ... if it was ABL-CABLE you'd have an 800 number if The Phone Company was feeling magnanimous!(225-2253) Presuming you are in USA .... ?
wow

Posted By: Geoff Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/11/01 04:50 PM
And ... if it was ABL-CABLE

And if you make the fiber-optic cable for sigmoidoscopes, you could be Anl-Cable!

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/11/01 11:27 PM
Are you in the U.S. Josie? If so, you can be A1 Cabling, which would imply that you are the top cabling company and place you at the forefront in the yellow pages.

Posted By: bikermom Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/12/01 12:28 AM
Well I love the sound of "Able Cable", but there could also be Avid Cabling, Assured Cabling, All-Around Cabling, Aspire Cabling, Assiduous Cabling (Means working hard) and Ample Cabling.

enthusiast
Posted By: belMarduk Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/12/01 07:59 AM
Whatever you choose, you have to make sure it sounds good in a television commercial. Use the phrase "here at _______ we take your cabling needs seriously." If it sounds good in there...voila your new name!

Posted By: wow Re: Need an "A" Word - 02/12/01 02:51 PM
Able Cable is our name,
Solving problems is our game,
A happy customer is our aim,
Here at Able Cable.

Can be a jingle!
"Problems" could be changed to most accurately reflect your expertise.
The louder they groan, the more likely people will remember the name! And I can hear the groans from the Board already!
(Ducking for cover.)
wow

© Wordsmith.org