Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Devorah onions - 06/16/02 09:04 PM
How do you pronounce the word 'vidalia' (as in the onion)?

Devorah

Remember: the enemy's gate is always down.
Posted By: wwh Re: onions - 06/16/02 09:22 PM
Dear Devorah: I have never heard the name pronounced. But I found a site about them, with history that they were named after Vidalia, Georgia. At the moment I don't think we have any contributors from Georgia.
My guess is that the name would sound like "vy dale' ya" You have to click on "History"

http://www.vidaliaonions.com/

Posted By: Keiva Re: onions (and off-point #9) - 06/16/02 09:25 PM
I don't know -- but anyone whose e-mail address is @ilovechocolate.com comes in bringing a smile. Welcome!

Edit: Bill, yours below is #9.
Posted By: wwh Re: onions - 06/16/02 09:26 PM
Keiva: Go away. You are not welcome here.

Posted By: wwh Re: onions - 06/16/02 09:30 PM
Dear Devorah: To my surprise, I found pronuniciation:

http://www.bartleby.com/61/22/V0092250.html

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: onions - 06/16/02 09:32 PM
Devorah,

wwh is correct on the pronunciation of Vidalia.

Now if you'll excuse me:

Go away, Keiva. You are not wanted here.

Posted By: Keiva Re: onions? not on point ##10, 11, 12, 13, 14 - 06/16/02 09:36 PM
Devorah yaldah yaffa, ASp is just trying to hijack this thread to talk about her pet subject. (#10) Don't worry, it has nothing to do with you.

Edit, as to the two posts below (re-edit: make that three posts -- no, four) (##11, 12, 13, and 14):
See what I mean? Can't even have a simple discussion of onions without them trying to start an argument. I'm not biting.

Posted By: of troy Re: onions - 06/16/02 09:42 PM
No, it doesn' have any thing to do with Devorah.
It has to do with the person know as Keiva, who recently posted on this thread and who was banned, for flaming.
he forced his way back into this forum by implied threats.

The truth is, he is a problem. He accuses us of spamming. But the truth is not spam Go away, Keiva. You are not wanted here

Posted By: belMarduk Re: onions? not on point ##10, 11, 12 - 06/16/02 11:32 PM
The person known as Keiva, who recently posted on this thread, was banned for flaming. He forced his way back into this forum by implied threats of legal action against Anu Garg, the founder of AWAD. This same person has also been known to post under the names AphonicRants, KeivaCarpal.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: onions? not on point ##10, 11, 12 - 06/17/02 12:54 AM

#5. Keiva, please leave us alone...we only want the beloved refuge we all first found when we came to this board.

Keiva, go away. You are not welcome here.

Posted By: consuelo Devorah, can you do me a little favor? - 06/17/02 04:31 AM
Can you embroider 40 little pillows with the saying "Keiva, go away. You are not welcome here."? I would greatly appreciate the gesture. All 40 of us that Keiva forced off the board would appreciate it. Don't mind us. We are on a mission right now.

Posted By: FishonaBike Re: onions - 06/17/02 02:16 PM
http://www.vidaliaonions.com

God, I love the Web!
Not only can you find the answer (or a variety of possible answers) to almost anything, you can even find a site totally dedicated to the subject.

Thanks for the inspiration, Devorah and Bill.

Posted By: equalizer Re: onions (and off-point #9) - 06/17/02 02:20 PM
I don't know -- but anyone whose e-mail address is @ilovechocolate.com comes in bringing a smile. Welcome!

Trying to make friends again, Kenny boy? Well, think again. Devorah will soon find out what you are really like. In the meantime, I'll be your friend. Do you want to play with me, Kenny babes? I'll wipe the smile off your face you sadistic coward.

Posted By: equalizer Wife beater? - 06/17/02 02:26 PM
Can't even have a simple discussion of onions without them trying to start an argument. I'm not biting.

Oh why not, Kenny boy? Don't you want to argue with me? Or do you only argue with people who can't fight back? Or do you only fight with women? Is that why you are so nasty to AnnaStrophic, OfTroy, ModestGoddess and your own wife amongst many other female members of this forum? Is there a nasty streak of misogyny running through you? Why is that Kenny? Why do you hate women so much? Women are very nice, gentle and loving most of the time but you seem to hate them all of the time. That's another peculiar mental disorder to add to all the rest.

I really hope that your fear and anger of women doesn't make you a wife-beater, Kenny babes. That really wouldn't be nice. Poor Nancy! I really do feel sorry for her now having to live with a bastard like you.

Posted By: wwh Re: Wife beater? - 06/17/02 02:59 PM
Dear equalizer: Your insulting remarks are just as bad as anything Keiva did.

Posted By: Devorah Re: onions - 06/30/02 02:21 AM
Thank you, everyone who was helpful. And for those of you who were not, can't you just stop it? Some of you (one or two specifically) are acting just a little bit like six year olds. Cut it out.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: onions - 06/30/02 02:50 AM
Devorah presciently writes:

Some of you (one or two specifically) are acting just a little bit like six year olds. Cut it out.

Yeah, Devorah, but, you see, AWAD is a board for five-year-olds. Gosh, however did you miss that on the FAQs page?

Birthday regards...I'll soon be turning six, ergo, your prescience!
Wordwind

Posted By: Devorah Re: onions - 07/11/02 03:38 PM
Ooops.... I forgot to read that page. I guess I'm too old and I'll have to leave.;)

© Wordsmith.org