Wordsmith.org
Posted By: marylynncorder Query - 04/03/02 02:05 PM
On a website such as this, why is my appellation a stranger and not a neophyte?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Query - 04/03/02 02:08 PM
Our titles come as part of the package that our beautiful Anu gets from the server.

Posted By: wwh Re: Query - 04/03/02 02:21 PM
The appellations were ineptly chosen. No disparagement was intended I'm sure. But "stranger" hardly sounds as welcoming as would have been desirable. Be assured we welcome new talent warmly. Ye olde raunchy reprobate, Bill

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Query - 04/03/02 05:08 PM
You do make a good point though. Y'd think a website devoted to loving words would choose the $5 variety over the 50 cent one....

Posted By: Angel Re: Query - 04/03/02 07:55 PM
Hey, MG...what do you want? You got to go to bed with a Member last night, and as you said, it's been soooooo looooong! [ducking for cover-e]

Posted By: marylynncorder Re: Query - 04/03/02 08:06 PM
hmm, was that supposed to be to me?

Posted By: hev Re: Query - 04/03/02 10:48 PM
hmm, was that supposed to be to me?

No, MLC, Angel was making reference to a conversation going on over in Miscellany (now, but previously in Q&A) about MG's change of status. It can get confusing around here sometimes, but bear with us. Because of the different views (flat and threaded) it helps if you can copy the relevant information from the person's post who you are responding to (as I have above).

Our evil plan to suck you in appears to be working! Glad you're still here.

Hev
Posted By: hev Re: Query - 04/03/02 10:58 PM
why is my appellation a stranger and not a neophyte?

P'raps this should be in Wordplay and Fun, but I wonder whether we could come up with a list of interesting words we could use to equate to the titles here. As in MLC's example above:

Stranger = neophyte
Newbie = ??

And on down the list... Just for fun! Next...

Hev