Wordsmith.org
Posted By: marshr4 i need a creative mind to help me - 07/05/00 08:59 AM
Hi, I need to change the name of my website. It is currently mrBOOKS (mrbooks.8m.com or mrbooks.test.freeservers.com (NEWER PAGE)).

I am going to get a domain name (www.thename.com) but I don't have a good creative name to use.

Could you help me? I'm looking for a short, nondescriptive name that is easy to remember.

Thanks in advance,

>>Marshall
>>mrbooks.8m.com - Books, Music and more ONLINE!
Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: i need a creative mind to help me - 07/05/00 03:46 PM
hello,

I don't know how much you'll like this idea, but you're planning on changing the name of the company you could call it www.skaldicmead.com. The skaldic mead was a drink in Norse mythology that turned anyone who tasted it into a poet. With your site being about books and music I thought that might fit.

-Jazzoctopus

Posted By: Jackie Re: i need a creative mind to help me - 07/05/00 06:01 PM
Welcome, marshr4--

theMuse.com
note~books (it would be neat if you could get a music note
in between these two words!)
------------------------------------------
Oops, just realized you said NON-descriptive!
Here's one that's both a play on your name, and on what you sell:
A~Rest.

Combining this w/ my first:
A~Muse.
Sorry-just canNOT get away from being descriptive!

Posted By: wsieber Re: i need a creative mind to help me - 07/06/00 05:31 AM
goloocat.com, litravia.com, amega.com, alligot.com, atsit.com..
I didn't check if any of these are already taken.
Best regards
Werner Sieber

Posted By: Bridget Re: i need a creative mind to help me - 07/11/00 10:02 AM
>>note~books<<

Brilliant, EXCEPT that Jakob Nielsen (author of Designing Web Usability, which in my opinion is one of the most practical and results-oriented books on Web Design I have seen) says hyphens in web addresses are one of the cardinal sins of design. Why? People need to be able to remember your address when it is given them in conversation or over the phone, and hyphens are just too much hassle and get forgotten.

notebooks.com is unfortunately taken. I can think of nothing as good. Mindfood.com? Booknote.com? Footnotes.com?

Posted By: Rubrick Re: i need a creative mind to help me - 07/12/00 09:50 AM
> I am going to get a domain name (www.thename.com) but I don't have a good creative name to use.

Could you help me? I'm looking for a short, nondescriptive name that is easy to remember.

Amazingly, www.libretto.com hasn't been registered yet!

© Wordsmith.org