Help with a Word

Posted By: mark18

Help with a Word - 09/26/17 09:44 PM

I hope that you can help me with this …

There is a word that means something like: taking pleasure in having/owning something, but never using it. Like buying a dress, a pair of shoes or a tool just to have/own/possess it, rather than need/use it.

This came up a few days ago, I know that there is a word for this, but I’ll be darned if I can remember it … it is almost on the tip of my tongue, but I can’t seem to get it. And, it is driving me crazy.

And I have no idea how to “Look it up in Reverse" … so to speak … I hope that someone can please help me with this?
Posted By: LukeJavan8

Re: Help with a Word - 09/27/17 12:22 AM

WELCOMEand stick around - someone will have an idea.
Posted By: A C Bowden

Re: Help with a Word - 11/11/17 02:28 PM

Posted By: LOC

Re: Help with a Word - 06/07/18 02:38 PM

What does PLANATE mean? It is used in Gilbert King's latest book and I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks
Posted By: LukeJavan8

Re: Help with a Word - 06/07/18 03:45 PM

Planate: Collins dictionary



© 2019 Wordsmith.org