Wordsmith.org
Posted By: bexter wrdos sepleld wonrg - 01/12/11 01:25 PM
What is it called when you see a piece of text in which the words are deliberately misspelled but with the first and last letters the same and just the letters in the middle all jumbled up...you can still read it ok (unless you are little and can't read well or if English is your second language I suppose)...I occasionally get e-mails from friends of examples of this to see if I notice or not...I think the research was done by Cambridge University but I wondered if it has a name or works in other languages...This is a bit of the most recent e-mail I was sent...

Aodccrnig to a rscheearch, it dnsoe't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/12/11 02:21 PM
I wrote a blog entry on it years ago (link). Got my server slashdotted and a reference in Snopes (link).
Posted By: bexter Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/12/11 02:28 PM
wow! Thanks...your blog piece was very interesting...had to stop myself from clicking on all the links because I don't really have hours to loll about on the web today frown maybe tomorrow... wink
Posted By: Jackie Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/13/11 04:30 AM
Got my server slashdotted What does that mean, please?
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/13/11 04:51 AM
What does that mean, please?

Got my server (link) slashdotted (link). It means basically that the computer that served me email came to a crawling halt. It did not crash, but I knew something was up. Within a half hour or so somebody phoned me to say that I'd been mentioned by name and URL on Slashdot (link).
Posted By: Jackie Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/15/11 02:25 AM
"News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters", features user-submitted and ‑evaluated current affairs news stories about science- and technology-related topics. Wow--congratulations! :-)
Posted By: Candy Re: 15 milliseconds of farm - 01/15/11 04:48 AM
Originally Posted By: zmjezhd
I wrote a blog entry on it years ago.....

Been there and read most of that, including the links, thanks Z.

Our brains are incredible.
© Wordsmith.org