Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Dwile flonking - 08/03/10 03:28 AM
Do we have any Brits still reading here? Anybody else ever heard of this? It is mentioned in a local kind-of alternative newsmagazine, which gives an explanation; but I'd rather wait on posting that until or unless others have commented.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Dwile flonking - 08/03/10 03:40 PM

Dwile flonking?
Posted By: BranShea Re: Dwile flonking - 08/03/10 07:32 PM
Looking at the words, dwile could be dweil (a floor cleaning cloth usually dirty) and flonking may be flunking. But where on earth are they throwing wet floor cleaning cloths at eachother? What is the world coming to drilling holes in books to "create" the ugliest disfunctinal lamps ever seen and throwing natte dweilen at one another.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 03:16 AM
dweil (a floor cleaning cloth usually dirty) Branny! That's it! At least the first word. Here's what the article says, in part:
"Not Your Average Drinking Game"

The game, which some believe has been played since medieval times, calls on players to fling a beer-soaked rag from the end of a small stick toward the face of an opponent, and in the event the tosser misses the target two straight times, he must quickly down a half-pint of ale.
Posted By: Zed Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 06:50 AM
blech!
Posted By: Faldage Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 10:50 AM
Hard to believe but the game is actually stupider than the name.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'll agree, stupid.
But different strokes for different folks.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 06:54 PM
I would guess that by the time you are ready to play this game, you've already had a pint or five...
Posted By: BranShea Re: Dwile flonking - 08/04/10 09:41 PM
Or would they fix their rendez-vous beforehand and ask "who brings the dwile?"
Posted By: Jackie Re: Dwile flonking - 08/05/10 01:33 AM
blech! Thus my thread icon: "eek".
© Wordsmith.org