Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm "I'm going into publishing"? - 01/09/06 07:08 PM
In a novel I was reading, someone proclaimed that, in business school, the phrase "I'm going into publishing" meant something very specific. "Like when you came out of an exam and someone asked you how you did and you knew you blew it, you just said, 'It looks like I'm going into publishing.'"

<gross assumption alert>
I don't suppose we have a lot of business grads here; but has anyone ever seen or heard this before?
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: "I'm going into publishing"? - 01/09/06 07:37 PM
Quote:

In a novel I was reading, someone proclaimed that, in business school, the phrase "I'm going into publishing" meant something very specific. "Like when you came out of an exam and someone asked you how you did and you knew you blew it, you just said, 'It looks like I'm going into publishing.'"

<gross assumption alert>
I don't suppose we have a lot of business grads here; but has anyone ever seen or heard this before?

Anybody else get Google's quote of the day? One of them seems relevant to this thread.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: "I'm going into publishing"? - 01/09/06 11:26 PM
Quote:

<gross assumption alert>

No, but it's clever.
© Wordsmith.org