Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Logwood Study of historic weather patterns - 11/26/05 03:50 PM
How do you call the study of historic weather patterns? I heard it on National Georaphic when they did a show about Hurricane Ivan, but I couldn't remember what it was (long words elude me before I have a chance to write them, although naturally it ended with "logy"). They said it's a recently-founded study.

(I'm officially suffering from loganamnosis)
Posted By: Marianna Re: Study of historic weather patterns - 11/26/05 04:05 PM
Paleoclimatology?
Posted By: Logwood Re: Study of historic weather patterns - 11/26/05 05:36 PM
Ah yes, that's it. Thanks. I remember they say it (the study) uses evidence found in glacial deposits, fossils, and sediments; and thus confirms the definition.

Ouff, I just heard another three outlandish terms on national geographic... I can't remember them... too long... head...hurts...brain...congealing...

I think I'll just...

*switch to fashion TV*...
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Study of historic weather patterns - 11/26/05 08:19 PM
Professional wrestling is good. Very few technical terms there, once you have mastered the names for the various moves and holds and smashes.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Study of historic weather patterns - 11/27/05 04:31 AM
Quote:

Professional wrestling is good. Very few technical terms there, once you have mastered the names for the various moves and holds and smashes.

true enuf.. who could miss the meaning of slobberknocker?!
who could miss the meaning of slobberknocker?!

or the Atomic Drop, Brainbuster, Gutbuster Drop, Double Mule Kick, Argentine Back Breaker Rack, Oriental Tool Punch, Cobra Clutch, Corkscrew Moonsault Splash, Boston Crab, Inverted Indian Deathlock, Octopus Hold, and the Stump Puller?
Fr. Steve:

PLEASE tell me you found all those on a web site somewhere. I just cannot imagine you as a fan of wrestling.
Posted By: consuelo Re: Study of historic weather patterns - 11/27/05 12:52 PM
Quote:

*switch to fashion TV*...

All right, Logwood, now you've done it... I hate spraying coffee out through my nose
My goofy and interesting daughter is a huge fan of professional wrestling. She sent me a photograph of herself taken with King Kong Bundy! I don't watch the stuff of my own volition but I'll admit to having attended a few matches with my daughter.
Posted By: Bingley Re: Study of historic wrestling patterns - 11/29/05 05:50 AM
As the TNA Wrestling broadcast comes after a serial I'm watching, I can't help but see the TV station's promotions of it. I've often wondered who watches it, but I would never have taken the onlookers for men of the cloth and their daughters.
Posted By: maverick Re: in the grip of wrestling - 11/29/05 09:16 AM
> men of the cloth and their daughters

yeah, bet you thought it was Milo...
Posted By: musick Why I oughta... - 12/01/05 05:12 PM
It's modern-day *three stooges.
© Wordsmith.org