Wordsmith.org
“Perhaps we need to reappraise our laissez-faire attitude to domestic cats and be more proactive in trying to contain the burgeoning feral population.”
James Parry; Britain’s Burgeoning Feral Cats; The Independent (London, UK); Oct 25, 2012.

The thought reminded me of four kittens, left for dead, that my son and husband saved. They were less than a month old and it was still winter. It was decided to help them survive. They are great mousers now. My son has a picture of Calcifur eating his decapited mouse. Poor mouse. Anyway, it reminded me of Better Off Dead and the French dinner.

Cats: require them to be licensed and neutered like dogs.
[img][/img]
I agree. I did not want 4 cats. I do not want more cats.
At least they are mousers doing some good, not just sitting
on widow sills as one passes by, grossly fat, doing nothing.
Your sentiment doesn't resonate with me. A play on Laisser (lazier). Okay, good. It's been a catty week, I've seen a meowtain of cartoons and comics on the subject of cats.

I'm not fit for fun right now, so, I suppose your sentiment does resonate...sort of.

On a more technical note. I'm not sure one can "do" nothing. Are you telling me I "am" nothing? Something from nothing. Maybe.

cheers.
sorry
Posted By: A C Bowden Re: Sweet idleness - 05/31/15 03:54 AM
Originally Posted By: May
On a more technical note. I'm not sure one can "do" nothing. Are you telling me I "am" nothing? Something from nothing. Maybe.

Dolce far niente, as the Italians say...
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Sweet idleness - 05/31/15 02:22 PM
doing nothing, illustrated..
Posted By: May Re: Sweet idleness - 06/10/15 04:00 AM
Luke, no sorry necessary on my part. Sorry for my odd train of thought.

Busy, busy, busy...could go for some dolce far niente atm.

best wishes to all
© Wordsmith.org