Wordsmith.org
Posted By: WCFields A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/17/08 04:59 PM
This is one of my favorite words! Made immortal, in slightly altered form, by my namesake (W. C. Fields) in The Bank Dick: "Don't be a luddy duddy. Don't be a moon calf. Don't be a jabbernowl. You're not those, are you?"
Posted By: Jackie Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/18/08 03:17 AM
Okay--first, welcome, WCFields; good to have you.
Now--I didn't post anything in Chris Sandrolini's thread, partly because by the time I saw it there were quite a few responses already.
But could you folks from now on please put threads about the W's.A.D. in Weekly Themes? Thanks!
Posted By: Faldage Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/18/08 11:09 AM
I was going to ask, Jackie, do you have the power to move a thread?
Posted By: tsuwm Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/18/08 02:14 PM
..or remove a duplicate post, as at the end of the 'dingle' thread?
Posted By: Jackie Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/18/08 02:33 PM
I was going to ask, Jackie, do you have the power to move a thread?
..or remove a duplicate post, as at the end of the 'dingle' thread?
Yes, and yes. I am somewhat debating moving the threads and notifying their originators, but I think I'll give it a while--I doubt that posting W.A.D. topics in this category will become a trend.

ANYONE who doesn't know how to delete or change their post: hit the EDIT button in the same box as the post.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/18/08 03:20 PM
I say move them. I think it probably gives you an option to leave a "redirect" post (or some such name) in the original location.
Posted By: Faldage Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/19/08 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: etaoin
I say move them. I think it probably gives you an option to leave a "redirect" post (or some such name) in the original location.

That's the way it works on IIDB. They generally give warning that they're going to move it and then they move it. It leaves a link in the forum the thread was originally posted in.
Posted By: Jackie Re: A Word A Day: jobbernowl - 01/20/08 04:15 AM
gives you an option to leave a "redirect" Boy, that sure is handy! Thanks!
© Wordsmith.org