Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/17/06 12:04 PM

I must say that 'I am one who delights in all manifestations of the terpsichorean muse.'
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/17/06 12:54 PM
Wensleydale...

(edited for spelling...)
Posted By: Jackie Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/17/06 04:21 PM
What does cheese have to do with dancing?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/17/06 04:27 PM
you must not be the bouzouki player....
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend cheesey bouzouki music - 05/17/06 07:50 PM

"Oh, I thought you were talking to me, sir. Mr Wensleydale, that's my name."
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/17/06 07:55 PM
Quote:

What does cheese have to do with dancing?

in a word, the Cheese Shop Sketch

-ron (obviousizing here) o.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/18/06 01:41 AM
Ah. Thanks. Some day I really will have to watch that. JFTR, though, I've been to the W-dale factory. Yummy!
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: Word of the Day - terpsiwhatsit - 05/18/06 12:46 PM

When I was in HS, some of the really smart guys - literary types - would walk around all day doing little skits with each other and talking about MP. I tried watching it - it just seemed to be the right thing for smart and cultured people to do. But I just couldn't get into it. It just wasn't interesting or funny. This was true well past high school. Then, by accident, I heard the cheese shop skit somewhere. I laughed for days. There are some lines that really make it for me. That's one of them. Another is "Well, it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
© Wordsmith.org