Wordsmith.org
Posted By: jheem obstreperous - 10/14/04 12:37 PM
obstreperous :- "1. Noisily and stubbornly defiant. 2. Aggressively boisterous." AHD

"Obstreperous best describes those people who, filled with the distending wind of discord, blow out all manner of ill-sounding and evil-meaning blather, nattering on in their cups, before falling unconcious into their cous-cous with rancid butter. The word is from the Ancient Ligurian and means in its various parts: obs 'the goddess of good and plenty' + trepe 'a thin kind of linguini, larger than spaghetti, but smaller than tagliarini' + erous 'dwarfish, macropygous god of lust and blind desires'." Melanceph Physce, Scraps from the Divine Feast.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: obspastarous - 10/14/04 12:38 PM
crazy etymology! linguini?

Posted By: jheem Re: obspastarous - 10/14/04 12:49 PM
linguini

Do you not know van Schlijkokk's theory of the linguini-shaped universe? Vibrating strands of pasta asciutta are at the heart of our reality (realty?).

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: pastiche - 10/14/04 12:49 PM
All I can say is I'm glad I don't have a mouth full of coffee right now, Linguini Boy!

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: carbonara... - 10/14/04 12:53 PM
are you stringing me along?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: obspastarous - 10/14/04 01:02 PM
this is the latest in string-theory.

Posted By: jheem Re: carbonara... - 10/14/04 01:07 PM
Don't get me started with super-, hyper-, and superduper-linguini theory ...

Posted By: Wordwind Re: carbonara... - 10/14/04 09:04 PM
Enough olive oil, enough appetite...I'll show you some hyperlinguini, and it ain't theoretical.

Posted By: jheem Re: carbonara... - 10/14/04 09:16 PM
I'll show you some hyperlinguini, and it ain't theoretical

I hear ya, dewd. What they callpasta in this country is a cryin shame: "egg noodles with ketchup." My dear ole grandma used eat her linguini with olive oil, a little pepper, and some raw crushed garlic. Yum.

© Wordsmith.org