Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wwh enate - 01/21/03 05:32 PM
enate, enatic : related on the mother's side.

Posted By: wwh Re: encaustic - 01/21/03 05:34 PM
encaustic
adj.
5L encausticus < Gr enkaustikos < enkaustos, burnt in < enkaiein, to burn in < en3, in + kaiein, to burn6 done by a process of burning in or applying heat !encaustic tile"
n.
a method of painting in which colors in wax are fused to a surface with hot irons
en[caus4ti[cal[ly
adv.

Posted By: wwh Re: enchytrae - 01/21/03 05:41 PM
Calling all tropical fish fanciers! Raise live food for them.
"White Worms (enchytrae) are probably the most popular form of live food cultured by aquarists.
They are highly nutritious and especially valuable during winter months when ponds and other live food collection areas are frozen. "

Posted By: wwh Re:encomiastic - 01/21/03 05:44 PM
encomium, encomisastic
encomium
n.,
pl. 3mi[ums or 3mi[a 73!8 5L < Gr enkbmion, hymn to a victor, neut. of enkbmios < en3, in + kbmos, a revel6 a formal expression of high praise; eulogy; panegyric
—SYN TRIBUTE

Posted By: wwh Re: encroach - 01/21/03 05:47 PM
encroach
vi.
5ME encrochen < OFr encrochier, to seize upon, take < en3, in + croc, croche, a hook: see CROSIER6
1 to trespass or intrude (on or upon the rights, property, etc. of another), esp. in a gradual or sneaking way
2 to advance beyond the proper, original, or customary limits; make inroads (on or upon)
—SYN TRESPASS
en[croach4ment
n.

Posted By: wwh Re: endocardial - 01/21/03 05:51 PM
Within the heart. Sixty years ago, bacterial endocarditis was not uncommon, and always
fatal. Nowadays, endocardial catheterization is routine. I have had it done to me twice.

Posted By: wwh Re: endoradiosonde - 01/21/03 05:54 PM
A microelectronic device introduced into the body to record physiological data.

Posted By: wwh Re: endosteal - 01/21/03 05:57 PM
Within the bone. For instance, in certain fractures, a metal splint may be embedded in the
bone across the fracture line.

Posted By: wwh Re:endotracheal - 01/21/03 05:59 PM
Within the trachea.(windpipe) Inhalation anaesthesia is routinely administered through
a tube inside the trachea.

Posted By: wwh Re: endysis - 01/21/03 06:06 PM
From Forthright's Phrontistery:endysis = growth of new feathers, hair or skin .
Could also be finale of ecdysiast.

Posted By: wwh Re:tomalley - 01/21/03 06:09 PM
An extra word. For boiled lobster enthusiasts. Not high on my list of delicacies.
tomalley
n.
5Carib taumali6 the liver of the lobster, which turns green when boiled and is considered a delicacy

Posted By: wwh Re: a couple extra words - 01/21/03 06:12 PM
tautegorical, circumbendibus : a pair of apparent coinages for being long winded, using too
many words, beating around the bush.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: endysis - 01/21/03 06:31 PM
I'd like to see an ecdysiast grow feathers on stage.

© Wordsmith.org