Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wwh soterial - 10/23/02 07:51 PM

soterial

a. pertaining to salvation. soteriology, n. theological study of salvation; treatise on
hygiene.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: soterial - 10/23/02 11:19 PM
I just recently came across this word, too. The definition I read--heaven only knows where--indicated that it was the study of what happens to the spirit. Similar to your definition, wwh.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: soterial - 11/14/02 02:01 AM
I'm having some fun reading through your word list, wwh, and seeing whether I know the definitions. Soterial, which I did read about the other day, I'd completely forgotten by tonight. I wondered whether it would have anything to do with shoes! Ha!

The soul!

Well, shoes do have soles, so I was close!

Posted By: wwh Re: soterial - 11/14/02 02:08 AM
I don't want salvation. The idea of sitting on a cloud singing hymns for a billion billion years
doesn't appeal to me.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: soterial - 11/14/02 02:10 AM
It appeals to me. I'd like to sing on a cloud. And have an eternity to learn violin. And improve in piano. And write a gazillion poems not too many winged beings had much interest in. And an eternity to learn everything in the world (and other worlds) about trees. And just think, wwh, about the word lists you could put together!

Posted By: wwh Re: soterial - 11/14/02 02:21 AM
I've not been bored very often, but a billion years..............

Posted By: Wordwind Re: soterial - 11/14/02 02:25 AM
I'd welcome a billion years. My back burner accumulates more each year, not less.

© Wordsmith.org