Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AnnaStrophic "Trading" "Post" - 02/13/02 08:05 PM
From time to time, some of us have offered to send books, magazines, etc to others. I propose we set up a little thread here for such friendly acts.

This isn't word-related, but. My aunt, who lives near Salt Lake City, sent us two Olympics pins. I understand these are collectibes/ables (did we ever decide which, Jackie?) but here they would just gather dust. Would anyone like them?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Collectibles - 02/13/02 08:31 PM
Collect, fr. Lat. com + legere. Not first conjugation, therefore, collectible.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: "Trading" "Post" - 02/13/02 08:32 PM
Max, as Faldage the Sheep Man noted elsewhere, we have a fun little globe that, when I removed it from one of my packing boxes (yes, I'm still in the moving process ~ will it *ever end??), made us think of you. E me a snail address and I'll send it to you.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen . - 02/13/02 08:45 PM
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: "Trading" "Post" - 02/13/02 08:53 PM
It has you written all over it, Max. It's non-inflatable but tiny. I wouldn't have offered otherwise [counting my shekels...]

Posted By: Faldage Re: "Trading" "Post" - 02/13/02 09:10 PM
The globe is the one I mentioned elsewhere as being the one that proves that south is down. We'll send it to you so that you can destroy the evidence. It also proves some other rather embarrassing things about the southern hemisphere, but I'm too delicate to announce them here

Posted By: stales Re Mussticks and Book - 02/14/02 04:39 AM
During my recent "partial" absence (still had periodic access to the web) musk sticks and a book were promised to various folk.

I haven't forgotten - just working through a couple of weeks of lost priorities.

I've kept the PM's with the addresses etc and will get onto the matter in the next few days. First need to find out whether I can export musk sticks. I'm worried that Customs will get me either for illegal export of movable cultural heritage (aside - no joking matter - legislation that ruined one of my friend's family life) or that the US may not allow food imports through the post....

Contact me again (PM is fine) anybody who wants to add their name to the recipients' list. BTW I think I'll be doing it for love and am happy to do so. Mucking around with A$1.39 pp is not worth the bother. I'll speak up if it looks like the postage is too unwieldy - especially if you want said items quick (ie faster than sea mail).

stales

Posted By: maverick Re: Re Mussticks and Book - 02/14/02 01:29 PM
mushsticks handled by seamen? ~ this gets wusser and wusser

Posted By: Keiva Re: Re Mussticks and Book - 02/14/02 04:17 PM
this gets wusser and wusser

or depending on your viewpoint, better & better? [speaking semantically from the gutter -e]

Posted By: consuelo Re: Re Mussticks and Book - 02/14/02 08:12 PM
Ahem! I believe that should be "bedder and bedder".

Posted By: belMarduk Re: "Trading" "Post" - 02/16/02 07:58 PM
Ah, your globe has got to be wrong Faldage.

Cap K sent me a map last year that definitely showed south was up. It makes me a little queezy to look at it though cause Canada is way down at bottom and it looks like all the water is going to fall out of Hudson's Bay.

Posted By: of troy Must stick, anyone? - 02/16/02 09:50 PM
unless all the water fall out of Hudson bay, and it'll be
wetter & wetter, when you bed'her & bed'her

bed'her & bed'her & ...

Whit , are you by any chance responsible for http://www.windyoneill.com/links.html,
which begins "Who Is Windy O'Neill?", and includes this limerick:

There's an oversexed lady named Whyte
Who insists on a dozen a night.
A fellow named Cheddar
Had the brashness to wed her-
His chance of survival is slight.

bed'her & bed'her & bed'her & ...

Whyte? i have an alter ego named Whyte? (have i ever posted as Whyte? )
pure as the driven, snow whyte?

Oh, you're talking about someone elses bedding habits? Drats!

Geez, Helen, you just can't win. You can't be Mr. Arrogant Bastard OR Mrs Promiscuous.

Come, we'll come up with some good gossip-worthy character trait for you. You got any bad habits we can build on?

I believe the position of "Gutter Perlice" has been vacated, but somehow I doubt that would appeal to Helen.

Hmmmm, lemme think about this one ... of troy ... trojan ... [free-association -e]

The trouble with getting old is you either die of, or give up your bad habits.. chewing gum went by the wayside years ago, and smoking is the thing of the past too.. if it weren't for sex talk, i'd have none at all!

what bad habits to i still indulge in? quick temper i suppose, but pretty quick to forgive..

Oh, kieva, they might be a local (US brand) we should let our friend on the other sides of the pond know that the citizens of a famous city spell with french letters!
(and aren't they trojian? or is that just the brand name spelling?)

Hmmmm, lemme think about this one ... well, to call you the helos hectorer would be replete with allusions -- and a googlewhack as well.

>french letters

Helen, we might have to explain that one. I haven't heard condoms called that in years.

In my dad's day the English called 'em french letters and the French called them capotes anglaises (English rubbers)

© Wordsmith.org