Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Zed AArgh! - 07/07/11 10:36 AM
The blasted mouse is back! The little @$&$*#@%*#! just walked calmly across my dining room floor.
I slept to much today because of my cold and now I'm up late enough to see him.
I'll have to set traps and let the landlord know tomorrow.
Posted By: Candy Re: AArgh! - 07/07/11 10:47 AM
you need a cat Zed!
Posted By: BranShea Re: AArgh! - 07/07/11 01:38 PM
Or adopt it as a pet. Difficult part in this that all mice look alike so you can't be sure if "your" mouse is still your mouse or one of his twenty brethren.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: AArgh! - 07/07/11 03:06 PM
They have the tendency to come inside when the weather turns
colder, but you should be in the summer season. Is there food
out somewhere? or a nest in the walls? Sure hope not. I'm
having trouble now with raccoons who like to visit nightly.
See their beady little eyes in the moonlight.
Posted By: Zed Re: AArgh! - 07/07/11 04:38 PM
It's an elderly apartment building so my guess is a nest. Certainly the kitchen is a bit of a mess right now as I am sick with a cold and not keeping up with things. The last thing I feel like doing is leaping up for thorough spring cleaning of my kitchen.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: AArgh! - 07/08/11 03:53 PM
Motivation is always a big problem when you are not feeling up
to par
Posted By: Zed Re: AArgh! - 07/09/11 04:44 AM
I think I got the mouse outside. I noticed a hole dug into the soil of the big potted palm so I put it outside soaked it with water and shut the patio door (ground floor.) A few minutes later something brown flickered past and disappeared. Ha!
I also let the landlord know so pest control can deal with mousie when he comes back with reinforcements.
Posted By: Candy Re: AArgh! - 07/09/11 04:55 AM
Ha...good solution. And I hope you are feeling better now too.

I worry about snakes coming inside, when I leave the door open but I'm told cats are good for keeping them away too!
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: AArgh! - 07/09/11 05:23 AM
Yes, you could get a cat. I wouldn't, but you could.
Posted By: Zed Re: AArgh! - 07/10/11 04:25 AM
To paraphrase Dave Mitchell why would I get a large furry animal I don't want, to solve the problem of a small furry animal that I don't want.
Posted By: Faldage Re: AArgh! - 07/10/11 11:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Zed
To paraphrase Dave Mitchell why would I get a large furry animal I don't want, to solve the problem of a small furry animal that I don't want.

I don't know why she swallowed the fly. Perhaps she'll die.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: AArgh! - 07/10/11 03:53 PM
Have not heard that old "poem" in a long time. Good memories.
Posted By: Bazr Re: AArgh! - 06/09/14 12:32 PM
Here in Australia we have mice as big as possums...er....come to think it....THEY ARE POSSUMS!!!!!
Posted By: Faldage Re: AArgh! - 06/10/14 09:51 AM
How big are possums compared to opossums?
Posted By: Bazr Re: AArgh! - 06/10/14 10:59 AM
Opossums make up the largest order of marsupials in the Western Hemisphere, including 103 or more species in 19 genera. They are also commonly called possums, though that term technically refers to Australian fauna of the suborder Phalangeriformes. Wikipedia
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: AArgh! - 06/11/14 05:53 PM

Ever seen a children's storybook called The King, the Mice, and the Cheese? Cute pictures, if a predictable story.
Posted By: Bazr Re: AArgh! - 06/12/14 11:31 AM
Originally Posted By: wofahulicodoc

Ever seen a children's storybook called The King, the Mice, and the Cheese? Cute pictures, if a predictable story.

I have either read it or someone has read it to me.
© Wordsmith.org