Wordsmith.org
Posted By: BranShea Coyote incident - 09/20/09 07:30 PM
The infamous howl-yelp-bark that awakened the adults from deep sleep signaled a sharp sudden distress. The coyote must have been right behind the wiring that's supposed to keep deer and coyotes out. When one of us went to have a look the animal had vanished.
The next morning I went up the place where the 'incident' must have taken place. I had suspicions I wanted to try verify. What I saw was a gopher hole that had been dug out not by a gopher. Right next to the hole were two dropping that were neither deer nor rabbit's. Obviously of the genus canis. I draw the conclusion that I was right in what I suspected: In the dead of night a coyote was bitten in the nose by a gopher.
As all conclusions must be sustained by evidence I add two pictures. A hole with the coyopte droppings (on the right of the hole) + two doglike droppings and the plain gopher hole.

coyote dig

plain hole

Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Coyote incident - 09/23/09 05:09 PM
Was this on your vacation? or at home?
Posted By: BranShea Re: Coyote incident - 09/23/09 06:33 PM
Perfect. Now you're joking!
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Coyote incident - 09/24/09 04:32 PM
Yeah, but I was hoping!
Posted By: BranShea Re: Coyote incident - 09/25/09 09:13 PM
Sorry Luke, I think I missed a link here. There are no coyotes or gophers this part of the world. Almost seems like there is a post missing, but I have no one on this so-called ignore list, so it can't be. To meet coyotes I have to travel as far as I did.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Coyote incident - 09/30/09 04:34 PM
Lucky you. I am on "ignore" list, and love it, it causes such
frustration to some who live in Ivory Towers. The coyote thing
was mine as we've discussed.
© Wordsmith.org