Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Sparteye Catatar - 03/12/08 04:28 PM
I uploaded an avatar -- I think -- and I want to test it. Since it's a critter, I'm testing it here.

:: crossing fingers ::
Posted By: Sparteye Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 04:29 PM
Nope. Dang it.

:: Off to try again ::
Posted By: Sparteye Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 04:31 PM
TADA!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 05:25 PM
meow!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 05:31 PM
oh. cat-atar. I really had trouble seeing that one.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 05:44 PM
And yet, she has no trouble seeing you.

BOO!

here's lookin' at you, kid
Posted By: Owlbow Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 06:53 PM
Yummy kitty.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Catatar - 03/12/08 07:38 PM
the colors, however, remind me of Pook's or twosleepy's avatar. so, peripherally, I get a bit throwed.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Catatar - 03/13/08 05:49 PM
It's a very nice one, it took time for me to see the eye. At first I thought it was a totally abstract thing. The only similar thing to The Pook's one is the leaf. (s)
Posted By: The Pook Re: Catatar - 03/13/08 08:07 PM
My leaf is a lot smaller. It's a blueberry leaf.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Catatar - 03/13/08 08:49 PM
It's nice. I would not mistake one for the other.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Catatar - 03/13/08 09:58 PM
holy shmokes, folks, I just said reminded. didn't ask for it to be thrown out or nothin. and I said peripherally.

but the angles in both avatars are very similar, and there is a color similarity.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: Catatar - 03/18/08 01:36 AM
That's a picture of our cat, Polly, peeking through a poinsettia plant. My son took the photo.
Posted By: twosleepy Re: Catatar - 03/18/08 02:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: etaoin
the colors, however, remind me of Pook's or twosleepy's avatar. so, peripherally, I get a bit throwed.

Say wah??? Mine's really bright blue, and there's no blue at all in that pic... Were you thinking of someone else?

And I really like it, btw! I love those "accidental" shots that turn out cool. If it were not for the eye reflecting the flash, you would not see the cat at all, but if flash had not been used, you wouldn't have the highlighted leaves of the poinsettia, but the way it came out, you got both! :0)
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Catatar - 03/18/08 11:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: twosleepy
 Originally Posted By: etaoin

Say wah??? Mine's really bright blue, and there's no blue at all in that pic... Were you thinking of someone else?

ah, I was writing blind, since neither of you had posted in this thread yet, and my memory was faulty. I meant Pook.
© Wordsmith.org