Hello all!
Herewith a "trick" .. it works a treat!
Make your Email more secure :

Outlook and Outlook Express both have a habit of adding every name they see to the user address book.
This can cause infection by some really nasty viruses. I had the Kak-Worm sent to me, unknowingly, in an attachment. My Anti Virus Protection could not get to it - so I had to call Botnay Bay and the virus expert there walked me thru getting rid of it. I lost a few things it had infected but nothing important and I killed the worm.
The easiest way to prevent this -- according to the friend who told me --- is to use the Outlook Express "Bcc" feature.
Here's what to do:
When composing an Email go to and click on View, andall headers.
A check mark next to the "All Headers" activates it AND adds the Bcc box-line to your message window.
To compose mail :
In the "To:" box put YOUR OWN address. Put all the other addresses (the people you are sending to) in the Bcc line.
Doing it that way means all the other recipients will see is your address in the "from" and "to" boxes. They will NOT see any other addresses. You can leave the Cc line blank.
You will get a return-copy of the message in your own Email to delete but that inconvenience is a small price to pay for the security.
And sometimes it is handy to have a copy of the original message you sent!
The Bcc feature also prevents addresses being added to your address book. All those SPAM addresses etc.
Oh, to eliminate having to type your full address in the "To" box every time ... just add your own address to your address book. .
Ta Dah !!!!
Hope some of you find this useful.
wow

P.S. if you can't make this work, I don't know how to help further ... let's face it .. if this Computer-Idiot (me) can do it, all you Gurus should be able to figure it out!
P.P.S. Have we got a new designation here, along with IT and all those ... CI ????