Yes, this has been discussed earlier, but the volume of posts on this board each day is becoming a serious problem. I've greatly enjoyed my six months of membership here, and I currently have no intentions of leaving, but the fact that there are upwards of 150 posts per day is scary. The majority of the content is interesting, it's unacceptable when it takes two hours to sift through all the posts. Yesterday, I was practically skimming all the posts and it took quite a long time. The ability to read at lightning speed and instantly grok everything written shouldn't be a prerequisite for enjoying the board.

Thusly, I have come up with a few recommended guidelines that I consider more than fair.

1. Please try to keep yourself to one major post per day. Other minor posts can be made, but use temperance. I don't want to point people out, but a certain upper-case citizen from the land of small, flightless birds has recently made 33 posts in a 24-hour period, the majority of which were quite long. Far be it from me to chide anyone, but I find this a little excessive.

2. Brevity is the soul of wit. Be concise and don't use circumlocution. I've noticed that it's mainly newer members who make the long posts, where those who have been around a bit longer (Tsuwm, Jackie, Anna, myself) tend to keep our posts short.

3. Don't dig up ancient, dead threads. Yes, it's sometimes nice to see what people have said in the past, but if the thread is obviously dormant, take extreme caution when deciding to post to it. The main problem with bringing up an old thread is that for anyone to understand what in the world you're talking about, they have to read through the whole thread, thus adding quite a bit more to what one has to read. If you want to talk about the issue again, be kind and just start a new thread. If you want to back up what you're saying, provide a link to the other thread or summarize it.

I would like to see the opinions of other experienced members on this subject. I don't want to sound mean, but I think we all agree that this is becoming a major problem. This will be my only long post of the day, thank you.