Carpal Tunnel
K
Just received the following PM from belligerentyouth:

[Title:] Du Untermensch
...........Du Schwein. Stirb.

which translates as

[Title:] You Subhumans
...........You pig. Die.

The title "Untermensch" is of course a reference to the nazi concept of the "Ubermensch" or superman -- particularly hateful to me as a jew.

#73222 06/17/02 07:21 AM
B
old hand
old hand
B
Morning. Today is a beautiful day - and new too. You must have been reeling when you saw this, huh? Bare with me here a sec though. You shouldn't take life so hard there, Keiva. For such is life. Mean words are everywhere. And so a few stupid words it was - that's what pushed your button. How many words was it? - Five. Didn't take much did it. You can ride on the wave of such words of course or let them drop into infinity - after all it is really no more than a string of 1s and 0s on a machine. But I can't force you either way. Funny that no matter how many words I write here, they will be read with little interest in comparsion to a few others. So the folds of time neatly spin themselves about.
Remember... there a big wide world of words out there just waiting to swallow us all up you know - for our world, our experience is language. Strange huh? Some get tangled in it on a daily basis.
Anyway, they were hateful, very hateful words you are probably thinking - and hasty I might add. You're right, if you want to be. Did I mean them? - Well, you know that. As you might expect from me in the middle of the morning, they weren't my best. I just felt like taking things a tad out of context. What got into me and how dare I, huh? Fair question. I'm often rude, like a bull in a china shop, if other avenues don't help. I'm flippant about all of us like that too - we're just walking viruses being thrown at the brickwall of existence, struggingly to survive, I'd say.
I herewith concede my mistake in sending that now public PM to you - its content was not representative of my true thoughts, but was merely my momentary hate and disgust with the whole situation. Sure is awful how it can overcome, huh? Maybe I will learn someday.
Existence, fractal as it is, does not allow me to criticise anyone without reflecting my own self though. And, I can at one moment dream of one person rushing towards their own conclusion, and am stepping ever closer to mine while doing it - and I should feel grateful too.
The point though is, the whole board has been intoxicated with talk of you for months, everything has revolved around you, and, well frankly, I am jealous. You've had centre-stage for a good time now. All the rest of us deserve some attention too once in a while.
So as I sit here, I'm going to Carolina in my mind - you know that feeling Keiva? Let's imagine life as a merry go-round for a second, and ride it with the wind in our hair, not clutching the railing. Sometimes that's a mistake, but that doesn't mean that everything isn't just flying by - it's time to relax and enjoy it - or maybe I'm just a tad childish.

#73223 06/17/02 08:28 AM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
Incredibly stupid words, Beligerent Youth. I'm glad that you have seen them differently in the light of day. I have posted elsewhere that we should adhere to a voluntary code of refraining from such comments to anyone.

That said, I'm not a great believer in the idea that the words themselves matter more than the thoughts. I would be much more worried if I felt that you really meant what you were saying, which I don't. I do not consider this place to be one that harbours those with the politics of the extreme right, which I despise. Having said that, I am glad that there are people here who have different politics to mime - how else can I learn?

As far as words are concerned, it is possible to be incredibly nasty yet remain apparently polite, the words chosen are not the main thing. There can be great cultural differences in how words are perceived. Many words that have been discussed on this board as unpleasant, I would hear in this country passed around with no particular rancour amongst a group of well-paid professionals. I tend to reserve my "worst" expressions for those people that I like, and they for me, such is the nature of irony. Even so, I have to watch what comes out of my mouth from time to time. I make it a general rule to refer to a person's behaviour not to the person themselves, if I wish to disagree. I don't regard the passing backwards and forwards of insults as opposed to the calm stating of facts, as achieving anything.

#73224 06/17/02 09:49 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, they are nasty, word. and it was stupid. but before we come down too, hard, lets remember KEIVA's nasty words, you know, the ones he has never apologied for..
off the top of my head, the opening line of one of his post, when he made public a private message from Ann, You crude, bullying children should be ashamed of yourselves.--i could find more, but who want to waste the time? well one thing for sure, KEIVA will trot out this PM forever and day.. the apology? he'll never mention it.
We all know, KEIVA has been nasty since he arrived. sure, he sugar coated it at first, but the candy coating soon went away, and what we found was a self centered child, pretending to nice, when he was really sharpening the knife and waiting for us to turn our back to him.

As belligerentyouth points out, KEIVA thinks all of his word fall like pearls, and everyone else is out to get him.

in KEIVAWorld he is perfect, and the sun revolves around him. Problem is i don't want to live in KEIVAworld

#73225 06/17/02 09:52 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oh, and KEIVA, you made a mistake, you subhuman was singular, not plural. BY post wasn't anti-semitism, it was anti KEIVAism... there is a difference you know...

#73226 06/17/02 12:24 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
it was anti KEIVAism... there is a difference you know...

Well, no, he's shown on so many occasions that he doesn't know the difference. Anyone who can take offence at a wordplay on a Russian word, "pogrom", and accuse the wordplayer of being anti-semitic merely because a deliberate misspelling of the word was used - completely without regard to the context or a real understanding of what the word meant - is totally and utterly mentally incapable of making a distinction of the kind you suggest above.

I wouldn't call Keiva subhuman - he's patently not - but he is hard to take seriously as a person any more, that's for real. He's rapidly becoming a bit of a joke, as a matter of fact.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#73227 06/17/02 12:29 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
One this is sure, KEIVA is not a mensch.

#73228 06/17/02 02:53 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't cotton to some of the tactics being employed here of late, but the fact remains that Keiva broke Jackie's heart and betrayed Anu's trust; for this we will continue to oppugn him as long as he continues to post here.

#73229 06/17/02 03:00 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
for this we will continue to oppugn him as long as he continues to post here.

Ah, tsuwm, thank your for your explicit confirmation of several points.

quoted text later modified by its author to note: "and that was an editorial we"

#73230 06/17/02 03:05 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith