Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#172092 12/15/07 04:49 PM
D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
Though it doesn't directly concern words or language, I thought those of us technically inclined might be interested

http://science.howstuffworks.com/theory-of-everything.htm

I myself have thought about this for a much longer time than the surfer and (I'm perfectly serious now, no kidding) I have a more comprehensive theory, which however, is very straightforward. It explains not only how the Universe works but where God comes from

But since I don't wish to burden WS hard-drive space, I am dalehileman@verizon.net

dalehileman
T
veteran
veteran
T
I, for one, would like to read your straightfoward theory.
And I, again for one, would believe you before I would a physicist; even one who rides a surfboard.

Post it here if it is not a secret, and if it is then post your theory on the Awad Personal Message feature and stop worrying about length.

A comprehehensive theory about the nature of God and the Universe shouldn't take more than a sentence or two; everything after it should be axiomatic.

Last edited by themilum; 12/15/07 05:41 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
and, following Fermat, you've no doubt alluded to your theory in the margin of a book, since misplaced.

exasperatedly,
-Andrew Wiles

D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
the: Thank you for your interest. Every so often, however, I am raked over the coals for an excessively lengthy post. But hang in there, as I will find some way to post it elsewhere and provide a link

dalehileman
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
re: A comprehehensive theory about the nature of God and the Universe shouldn't take more than a sentence or two;

but who cares? if i want to discuss religion (or my theories about the nature of god (or if there is one) i don't do it on a WORD board.

Religion--can all to quicky turn to prostilatizing..(at best!) at it worst, it is divisive!

i'm not interested, not in those who want to talk religion in the subway, or the missionaries who come to my door.. and i don't want any here, either, thank you very much!

I don't want to be told how to live my life.. or to have someone else shove their version of immortality, or morality down my throat, (all for my betterment, or so they claim)

I don't tell you how to live your life, or to drink (or not drink) or to womanize (or to not womanize) to go to church, (or not to) and if i was interested in discussions of theology, i would go to an appropriate place to discuss them.. NOT TO A WORD/LANGUAGE BB.

it is irresponsible of you milo to encourage such behavior. --
why don't you drown your sorrows in a bottle of what ever it is you like and write some fiction.. I love your fiction!

D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
the: My goodness, you must be as terrible a person as I

dalehileman
T
veteran
veteran
T
Originally Posted By: of troy
re: A comprehehensive theory about the nature of God and the Universe shouldn't take more than a sentence or two;

but who cares? if i want to discuss religion (or my theories about the nature of god (or if there is one) i don't do it on a WORD board.

Religion--can all to quicky turn to prostilatizing..(at best!) at it worst, it is divisive!

i'm not interested, not in those who want to talk religion in the subway, or the missionaries who come to my door.. and i don't want any here, either, thank you very much!

I don't want to be told how to live my life.. or to have someone else shove their version of immortality, or morality down my throat, (all for my betterment, or so they claim)

I don't tell you how to live your life, or to drink (or not drink) or to womanize (or to not womanize) to go to church, (or not to) and if i was interested in discussions of theology, i would go to an appropriate place to discuss them.. NOT TO A WORD/LANGUAGE BB.

it is irresponsible of you milo to encourage such behavior. --
why don't you drown your sorrows in a bottle of what ever it is you like and write some fiction.. I love your fiction!

Now Helen...
You can call me Ray
Or you can call me Jay
But you doesn't have to call me...

Who me? Number Seven?

Call me irresponsible - call me unreliable
Throw in undependable too
Do my foolish alibis bore you
Well I'm not too clever - I just adore you

Call me unpredictable - tell me I'm impractical
Rainbows I'm inclined to pursue
Call me irresponsible - yes I'm unreliable
But it's undeniably true - I'm irresponsibly mad for you.

Now can I talk to Dalehileman?

Last edited by themilum; 12/16/07 12:08 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
sure take your god talk private.. god knows he publishes his email every week (if not more often!)

talk all you want! but this is not the place for god talk or theories of theology.

and you know that. you are just being troublesome!

now i love it when you are troublesome about words, and i love your good old boy stories, but please, religion and politics? no no's and you know it.

T
veteran
veteran
T
Originally Posted By: of troy
Sure, take your God talk private.. God knows he publishes his email every week (if not more often!)

Talk all you want! But this is not the place for God talk or theories of theology and you know that. You are just being troublesome!

Now I love it when you are troublesome about words, and I love your good old boy stories, but please, religion and politics? No no's and you know it.

Ok, Helen. In the future I'll try to be more considerate of the non-beliefs as well as the actual beliefs of the people who visit this board.

Last edited by themilum; 12/16/07 02:57 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Now can I talk to Dalehileman?

Get a room, boys! %^*

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith