Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42067 09/17/01 04:53 PM
musick Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
As an aside from the recent 911 disaster and the e-mails circulating about falsely attributed Nostradamus symbolic predictions... the spirit talks loudly these days, as words come up to jog memories and recent events shed new light on alternate meanings of past situations. Some of this is reflected through our dreams (if you get enough sleep to have them) and some through the new eyesight we don.

--------------

As I walked to work this morning taking my usual long way to the nearest coffee house for some joe, I heard what sounded like a Canadian Goose. I realized that it is about the time of year for them to fly south over this area, as the cool air of the autumn has been here already. It was a single voice, but very weak. A few more steps searching the sky and my ears told me the sound was coming from the ground. Fifty feet in front of me in the middle of the sidewalk I could see it was a huge BlackBird, on its belly looking up at the front of an apartment building and weakly squaking (it looked like it was calling its buddies out for a game of b-ball). I slowed and looked close as I passed it, and it got to its feet. I immediately thought it probably flew into a window and was a bit dazed. I walked backward for a while, keeping it in my sights as it struggled to maintain balance, and then it fell over on its side. I decided to walk back and get the address it was in front of and called 311 (Chi-city info and services) to get the appropriate help or crew (imagining how many people I might spare the sight of this directly in their path). I continued on my quest for joe as the classic announcement "all representatives are busy and the expected wait would be more than 4 minutes". I stopped, hung up the phone and turned around to go back... my buddy was gone.

-------------

Edit - BTW, this was not a dream.

#42068 09/18/01 01:34 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Have you considered that the bird might have the virus that is infecting and killing birds. Is that the West Nile or something like that? Strange how airplanes crashing into buildings partially knocked that bit of information right out of my mind.

#42069 09/18/01 05:44 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Have you considered that the bird might have the virus that is infecting and killing birds. Is that the West Nile or something like that?

Shhhh, not so loud! Bob Geldof will organise another damned concert at Wembley if he gets to hear about it.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#42070 09/20/01 09:35 AM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
>Bob Geldof

As a guest in our country Mr Capital Kiwi, I think you should be careful about insulting Sir Bob. Even with his appalling dress sense, dysfunctional family and motor mouth, we hold him in very great affliction. Be careful, I'll set Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches Honeyblossom and Pixie onto you.

#42071 09/20/01 01:47 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Now, now Jo. Cap isn't a guest, he is more of a prodigal son. Wasn't his grandma from England - thus allowing him to 'come back home' so to speak.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,322
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 547 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,535
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith