Think I've thunk up a new game - see if anyone wants to play....

Open yer dictionary randomly, and come up with a definition for the pairing of words listed at the top of the page. List the phrase they create, your definition, and the dictionary you are using. (Feel free to flip a few pages if you don't hit something you can use right away.) I do this, on occasion, just for fun....! anyone wanna play?

My examples:

escargot espousal: nuptials for snails. (from the Canadian Oxford)

mihrab milk fever: disease found only in devout Muslim cattle. (also from the Canadian Oxford)

petrodollar phalanx: the group, or compact mass, of nations that earn money from oil. (Cdn Oxford again)

demotic denunciation: popular appeal for peace from pestilential attentions. (Australian Pocket Oxford) hmm....reminds me of something I've seen somewhere recently....

honey hook: a sweet temptation that draws you in. (Aussie Pocket-Rocket Oxford again)

nom de guerre non sequitur: an illogical war name, such as Ghenghis the Peaceful Destroyer. (AUST Pocket Oxford)

isinglass isotope: a whiter shade of one of two or more forms of an element differing from each other in atomic weight. (Concise Oxford) Stales, mate, this one's for you!

pit pixie: a fairy that has been trained to savage other fairies. (Concise Oxford)

peyote Ph.D.: the degree you hallucinated you had after 40 days and 40 nights in the Mexican desert. (Concise Oxford)

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.