Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15519 01/13/01 02:57 PM
J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
It seems to me that it's been a while since we've had any games that spark creative story telling, so as resident etymythologist and piffler, I'm going to start up a little game. I'm going begin a story, all you have to do is use your creative juices to continue it. But first, a couple of guidelines.

1. Story segments should be no more than 200 words in order to allow others to develop it. (And no double posting.)

2. No real-life comments, only story related posts.

3. Each segment must end with a statement that will lead into the next. (ie. "And then he . . .")

4. Try to keep the thread in a straight line so we don't have parallel universes of the story.

And here we go . . .

Once upon a time, in a land not too far away, there lived a young lad named Gunther Nilpferd who had a unique habit of poking himself. He was a member an unusually large family that was rather poor. They lived in a cave in the side of a flower covered hill in the heart of a vast forest and depended mainly on the fish in a small stream for their daily nourishment. Despite his unfortunate lot, Gunther was determined to be a successful map maker, so one crisp autumn morning he saddled up his pet sheep and prepared to . . .

#15520 01/13/01 04:06 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Gunther was determined to be a successful map maker, so one crisp autumn morning he saddled up his
pet sheep and prepared to . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ride her to the famous Portugese map making town of Carta Blanca to seek his fortune. Alas, just three day's journey from home Gunther's sheep high-centered on a stone fence, so Gunther dismounted and began pushing her with all his might, attempting to dislodge her from her petrified perch. A young woman, Ursala Ovisrender, spied Gunther heaving mightily behind his sheep and....

#15521 01/13/01 04:22 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
A young woman, Ursala Ovisrender, spied Gunther heaving mightily behind his sheep and....
dismounting from the magnificent bay gelding she was riding she threw the reins to her faithful retainer and addressed Gunther in a haughty tone.
"You disgusting man, satisfy your peasant lust elsewhere and leave that poor animal alone."
Her words and the disdainful look on her beautiful face stunned Gunther. He ceased pushing and ....

#15522 01/13/01 05:54 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Her words and the disdainful look on her beautiful face stunned Gunther. He ceased pushing and ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stood gawking at the regal-looking Ursala in disbelief. "I...I...," he stammered, then, reflexively poking himself in his left eye, "Oww.... I wasn't d-d- doing anything to Mathilde; she was stuck, and..." "Enough!" boomed Ursala. "you are on my family's land. We shall determine what you were doing and what the consequences shall be. Igor, her burly retainer, lifted Mathilde from the rock and turned towards the nearby town as the sickly sweet smell of tallow and curing hides wafted in the breeze. Ursala turned to Gunther and...

#15523 01/13/01 06:52 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ursala turned to Gunther and said, "Young man, we are going to examine the available forensic evidence to determine your guilt or innocence. If we find that you are guilty of committing unnatural acts with your sheep, we will either turn you into forensic evidence at the tanner's shop, or we will send you to Wales. My father the King, who's a wicked old thing with manners most alarming, will decide which."

Gunther paled. "Madam!" he quavered. "Ohhhh madam, oh madam ...!" he semi-quavered. "Please, just have me flayed. Being sent to Wales is too horrible a fate to contemplate!"

Ursala smiled regally, and ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#15524 01/13/01 10:04 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ursala smiled regally and, glancing over her shoulder, rasped breathlessly, "Now that my faithful retainer (and churl) is out of earshot, I have something to ask of you..."

#15525 01/14/01 01:20 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Ursala smiled regally and, glancing over her shoulder, rasped breathlessly, "Now that my faithful retainer (and churl) is out of earshot, I have something to ask of you..." "Please show me your dragon! All my maps have "here be dragons" at the edges, by the cartographer's signature, and I've always wanted to see a cartographer's dragon. If you will show me yours, I promise that, in return, I shall run away with you tonight, and pay for your tuition as a cartographer. If you refuse . . . "

#15526 01/14/01 03:44 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I promise that, in return, I shall run away with you tonight, and pay for your tuition as a cartographer. If you refuse . . . "
you shall have to face that wicked old thing, my father the king. Gunther paled again at this! He was so unnerved that this time all he could get out was a hemidemisemiquaver
of agreement. So they set off back towards his flower-covered hill. She was too polite to ask why he kept poking his ribs as though they were borax, but she did wonder.
Gunther was wondering, too: how on earth he was going to
explain the absence of a dragon at his home, for he was not
a cartographer yet!

#15527 01/14/01 04:48 AM
N
N
However, by the time they reached his hillock home, Ursala's feminine intuition was ringing alarm bells in her head. As they approached his charmingly rustic hovel, she fixed him with an icy glare, and demanded in her most regal tone: "Before we go in, tell me the truth. Do you have a dragon in there, or not?" Filled with a heady mix of fearful apprehension, and eager anticipation, Gunther squeaked: "...

#15528 01/15/01 03:33 AM
L
L
Dragon?"

At that moment Igor leapt from the bushes still carrying the exhausted sheep. "I followed your footprints here in order to..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith