Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind Swivel Site Question - 08/15/04 08:42 PM
Asking the question is going to be the tough part. Here goes:

A long time ago Jackie posted a site that was very cool. You could enter a word, and then all kinds of pathways and swivels and swirls would appear with all kinds of word relationships, and you could enter into those relationships and be swirled and swiveled into new word relationships. It was quite surreal.

I've lost the site and I cannot even begin to imagine what it was called. Does anyone--or Jackie--remember the name of this very cool site?

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Swivel Site Question - 08/15/04 09:10 PM
It was probably http://thesaurus.plumbdesign.com/index.jsp, which has now sadly gone commercial, as I discovered when I just tested the link to it on my page. The original mention of it here was way back in November 02, by flamsterette.

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Swivel Site Question - 08/16/04 03:12 AM
Not only has it gone to being a pay site but, imo, it's not as easy to use or aesthetically pleasing as it originally was.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Swivel Site Question - 08/16/04 01:13 PM
That's it all right, Max. Now, you can't even see all the display without clicking that little "try or buy" box out of the way. Shame.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Swivel Site Question - 08/17/04 07:49 PM
Thanks very much for the link, and it is a shame that the site is now commercial. I had thought it would be good for my kids to use this year when looking for synonymous relationships, but it's much too pricey.

© Wordsmith.org