Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Father Steve Tattle Tale - 11/17/05 01:20 PM
What happens if you push the little button at the bottom of each message which sez "Notify Moderator"?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Tattle Tale - 11/17/05 01:28 PM
presumably the Moderator(s) will get an email linking to said message. it would be used when someone mis-uses an apostrophe, for example.

Posted By: Logwood Re: Tattle Tale - 11/17/05 03:14 PM
Hey, you didn't capitalize! Oh I'm so turning you in.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Tattle Tale - 11/17/05 07:31 PM
when someone mis-uses an apostrophe

The misuse of apostrophes is a serious national, even global, problem. When an apostrophe is forced to work in an unsuitable environment, it is a deprivation of that mark's punctuational liberties. The United Nations Commissioner for Typographical Rights should have a button by which such violations are instantly reported, I'd say.
Posted By: of troy Re: mis used apostrophe's - 11/18/05 11:37 AM
non-sense! all the symbols on the top row of the key board ache to be used, and never object to exactly how they are used. the swell with pride when long discussion of use (or mis use) go on. they have their moment in the sun.

the poor carot([green]^[/green]) is green with envy at this discussion, (is it so rarely included) since the internet, @,once only since on invoices and bills, has had to adjust to publisity, but its managed, and tilde (~) long ago realized it would never acheive the same populartity as the right hand symbols, Ampersand,(&), asterix, (*) and the constantly on demand and in use Paren twins, or the dash, the underline. Even the plus and equal symbols get used far more regularly, then the tilde (which further suffers from the shame at the number of people who don't even know its title, and never consider a discussion of its correct use.

It, and accent mark it shares a key with, long for the day when the US is bi-lingual. It dream of spanish text, and el nino's properly expressed!
Posted By: consuelo Re: mis used apostrophe's - 11/18/05 11:40 AM
Ah....el niño....lo conozco y la niña también
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 07:40 PM
>notify moderator<

I mean, is that, like..."buzz Jackie"?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:13 PM
Hey! Watch it, Buster!
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:15 PM
I think Whitty meant "buzz" in a good way.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:33 PM
Not to worry; he was just dropping bait, and I chose to rise to it! [snap, snap]!
Posted By: maverick Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:47 PM
> rise to it!

yeah, he's a master baiter

(hello peeps)
Posted By: Jackie Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:52 PM
Oh! Oh! You...! I WAS going to put all kinds of lovey-dovey welcomings back to you, but now I'm too embarrassed! (not) HA--that was a good one!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 10:58 PM
hi mav!
Posted By: maverick Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 11:17 PM
> too embarrassed

bada~bing! Hello sweet pea

Hi eta. I am happy to report I have now regained some small parts of my life and sanity and also have a broadband pipe at last, hence a first tentative looksee for some weeks. Good to see some new faces too, on this sparkly new~look board software (love the google ads!).
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Tattle Tale - 11/18/05 11:22 PM
> (love the google ads!).

what google ads?
Posted By: maverick Re: dog daze - 11/18/05 11:38 PM
> See Andy Hunts Head of Hair diary after his NHI-Choi Hair Transplants

whair did *that come from?!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: dog daze - 11/18/05 11:43 PM
> whair did *that come from?

faces? buzz? lovey-dovey?
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Tattle Tale - 11/19/05 12:05 AM
I have now regained some small parts of my life and sanity and also have a broadband pipe at last,

"The broadband pipe, while not as coveted as the burl, is a good substitute -- cool smoking, resistant to skin oils, likely to last a lifetime."

~1 Father Steve on Tobaccoiana 427 (2005).
Posted By: consuelo Re: dog daze - 11/19/05 12:52 AM
Hay, Mav Whereya ben?
Posted By: maverick Re: dog daze - 11/19/05 01:00 AM
> ben?

Werkin summat rotten! Lovely to be back in the land of the living, oh hammock queen
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: dog daze - 11/19/05 02:16 PM
Good to see ya, Master Mav!
© Wordsmith.org