Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Joanna Neologisms - 05/09/07 09:05 PM
Hi there,
I'm writing an academic paper on neologisms and I need some recent neologisms which appeared in the press. As most of you are native speakers of English, it is easier for you to spot such words. Could you please send some with source and meaning?
Thanks in advance.
j.styba@wp.pl
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Neologisms - 05/09/07 09:31 PM
(here ya go, daleh -- a chance to show off your neologisms and help this person with her homework, all in one swell foop.)
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Neologisms - 05/10/07 07:33 PM
Hi Jo and welcome. As tsu indicates, I was saving neologisms for a while. Contact me: dalehileman@verizon.net
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Neologisms - 05/12/07 02:18 PM
Hi Jo: I am attempting to forward the file. Over here, however, most of us use for this purpose a massively incompetent set of software called Windows/Outlook which doesn't expediently dispatch large files. If it doesn't come throough in the next couple of hours let me know and I will try another means
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Neologisms - 05/12/07 04:35 PM
Jo: Sorry, thanks to the auspicies of Bill Gates' magnificent software, that attempt was a crash. This time I'll send it as an attachment

Yea! at least, this time it got transmitted. But let me know if it doesn't come through and I'll try still another tack

Glad to hear you finally received it and hope it does you some good. I was afraid that your term paper wold be done before the file had plowed through all Billl's software obstacles
© Wordsmith.org