Wordsmith.org
Posted By: bonzaialsatian Curious cats - 06/13/03 05:24 PM
Can anyone shed light on why curiosity killed the cat?

Posted By: wwh Re: Curious cats - 06/13/03 06:46 PM
Dear BA: I think it is just an encapsulation of the wisdom of adults hoping to ebciyrage cgukdreb to be caustious.
A feeble minded man went into a saw-mill, and was puzzled by the blur of the teeth on the periphery of the huge circular saw. He put out a finger, and toughed the blur. ZZZt went the tip of his finger. He screamed, and the foreman came running, and demanded:"What did you do?"
"I just put out my finger....ZZZZt...There goes the other one!"
The only curiosity I remember seeing a cat show was tatching raindrops pun changing courses down a window pane, and trying to stop them with her paws. Fortunately no ZZZt to that.I also had a cat that in the middle of the night used to jump onto the piano keys repeatedly. Fortunately fir ger I was fond enough of her not to cut her off in the middle of her cadenza.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Curious cats - 06/13/03 06:51 PM
What I'd like to know is what interest a young German Shepherd mix has in dead cats?

Posted By: bonzaialsatian Re: Curious cats - 06/13/03 07:12 PM
Just call me curious(ity)!

Posted By: wwh Re: Curious cats - 06/13/03 10:27 PM
When I was a kid, it was just a silly alliterative tease applied to kids when they got nosey, such as trying to find out about arrangements for an upcoming birthday party.

Posted By: Zed Re: Curious cats - 06/14/03 12:05 AM
I imagine there was originally a folk tale attached in which a cat gave in to curiosity with nasty results. "Now children, who can tell me the motto of this story?"

Posted By: Faldage Re: Curious cats - 06/14/03 09:53 AM
the motto of this story

Ooooh, ooh oooh! I know, Teach! Pick me, Teach!

Nolo me tangere!

Posted By: of troy Re: Curious cats - 06/14/03 03:02 PM
Re:I imagine there was originally a folk tale attached in which a cat gave in to curiosity with nasty results. "Now children, who can tell me the motto of this story?"

well there was the sassy come back to having questions about things responded to with 'Curiosity killed the cat" by an adult, which was' "and satisfaction brought him back!"- since cats are alleged to have 9 lives!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Curious cats - 06/14/03 03:32 PM
And in Brazil they have seven!! (must have something to do with the water.... )

© Wordsmith.org