No term for slanted rain, but would a slanted drip be obleak?

Having grown up in Los Angeles, California, and lived there until I was 22, I experienced a great many earthquakes. I remember the big one in '71, -- it happened early in the morning and the great rolling effect woke me up.

Truly, they are nothing to brag about. But it's funny listening to you all prefer hurricanes, etc. to earthquakes. I've always said the opposite!

We have gobs of fog here in Oregon, in the winter. Pea-soupers, for sure. Rain is rain; drizzle, a little less; less than that is called mist. Sudden downpours are gulley-washers -- at least, that is what I call them. That's a term I heard growing up.

There was one major earthquake here in Oregon, about 10 years ago, and it did a lot of damage to old brick buildings. Note: there was one fatality which occurred on the highway, as the result of a rock slide hitting a truck. We have no hurricanes, no tornadoes, very few earthquakes and very few floods.

I found it interesting that there were 2 or 3 days last week in which we had sunny skies followed by rain, then hail, then snow, then the wind blew it all away and the sun shone again!