Okay, three things: CB, my father and his brothers used that expression, too. [distate e]; I have no idea what "other" meaning fanny-dragger could have; and, um, frankly it sounds funny to me to hear that "the clouds have all day". Under what circumstances would they NOT have all day?
Sorry to be so churlish, but I am away from home until the 6th., using my laptop. I am trying to keep in mind that I am lucky to be able to be on-line at all, but. The keyboard is different, it is much slower than my "real" computer, I'm using an el-cheapo service provider which means that ads pop up about every five minutes--I can tell one's coming because the keys suddenly quit working and I have to wait till the ad pops up, then close it; and it is too frustrating to deal with PM's: my laptop really cannot deal with loading my Check Private page. It takes about 20 minutes to download it, and another 10 to bring up the message. And twice already it has frozen up completely when I've tried to Check Private. Oh, and every half-hour there comes that lovely little box that says my service provider has detected no activity in the last 30 minutes(??), and they will shut me down in X number of seconds unless I click the little Resume button.