ok, i am a bit dense.. what happened? what did i miss?

It seems to me Ewein asked about bridge... we pretty much ignored her request (since this is not really a game board..) but no one flamed her.. we just took the thread off on a natural tangent.. talking about idioms that have arisen from cards and card games.. and then suddenly, ewein deleted her original and response posts..

I have posted publicly, i hate when post are deleted.(well 99% of the time!) i have edited post of mine that went beyond the pale... but not out and out deleted them.

i did rant a bit in the british slang thread (and sent a note to Dr bill, to make sure he realised, i love him dearly, and wasn't as mad as my rant sounded -- and that i really don't think he is chavanistic.. (but i can't be convince the AMA isn't!) and he wrote a PM to me, making sure i was okay, and made public post that we were ok..) but i don't see any reason for either of us to delete our posts.. we didn't desend to name calling or vulger terms.. but we do have very different outlooks on the point)

I don't even remember seeing anything as strongly worded here! i somehow missing what the issue was? (i am guessing there was an issue!)... Ewein (or someone!) explain!