Dear Caradea:
I got a "private message" from you, but I hear you copied it to others. Since you wanted to make your side of the story public -- without telling me that -- they should have the chance to hear my answer too.

For those of you who might not have seen Caradea's message, here it is:
--------
hi dickens,
i can see that you feel strongly about the issues being discussed in the "Departure" thread, which you resurrection today... and that's well within your rights. may i, though, suggest that you contact maverick privately with your questions? i can guarantee he won't answer there in Info & Announcements, in large part because *so many of the folks (including most recently Jazzoctopus and BobYoungBalt) have expressed their fervent desire to have this public fighting stop. noone is trying to censor you, least of all me... but please, take it private.

if you choose to take offense to this, i am sorry. but if you intention is honestly to understand the comments made by maverick (or anyone else), i believe you're barking up the wrong tree by seeking to keep that public thread alive.
-------------
My response:

Hey! Since Maverick chose to put his comments to me here where everybody can read them, I don't understand why my answer to him can't be here too. It isn't me who chose to have our talk in public.

And who are these "*so many of the folks" that you say you are speaking for? I'm sure they can speak for themselves, and don't need you to put words into their mouths like you tried to do above. What I'm hearing from them is WAY different from what you say. Here's a sample:
- - - - - - - -
encore, please: From: ___ Received: Mon Jan 28 21:17:16 2002 Dear Dickens: ROTFLMAO Let me hold your coat while you do it again
- - - - - - - -

So Caradea, who made you the official speaker for the board?