Originally Posted By: Candy

I have tried to fix above post/link

As an actor..it must be the hardest to deliver a 'deadpan' performance and carry it off.

Thanks for fixing the link: I liked that version more than the ones I watched last night, especially the second speaker's reference to a WUPD2 (whoop-do-doo). Apparently those people recorded versions for a lot of different companies. Luke, they may have used a teleprompter or similar aid, but as often as the description of the device was recorded, I would guess that the fellow knew his stuff. It's difficult to pull off some of those nonsense words and phrases without great familiarity.

Yes, Candy, delivering ridiculous material is quite a challenge, particularly if it still seem funny after many repetitions. It's hard enough if an audience starts laughing, but if a fellow actor loses control (unforgivable!) it's a severe test. I would think that doing a performance for video would be difficult because those off camera would not be under the same constraints as those on, so that even if they managed to stifle audible outbursts, the actors could still see their physical responses.