While trying to find a word that might suit the FF's need, I came across this word: dehisce. For whatever reason, I like this word! Maybe for the sound, I dunno. Anyway, it means:
intr.v.
de·hisced, de·hisc·ing, de·hisc·es

-- Botany To open at definite places, discharging seeds, pollen, or other contents, as the ripe capsules or pods of some plants.

-- Medicine To rupture or break open, as a surgical wound.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETYMOLOGY:
Latin dehscere : d-, de- + hscere, to split, inchoative of hire, to be open

AHD

Then I got to wondering if there is a word hisce, that the de- might be a prefix for. Onelook had one entry, which I couldn't read, and am hoping someone will help me out with this:
No definitions are available for hisce.
Examples

Penelopes, nebulones, Alcinoique, modo tot annos in academia insumpserint, et se pro togatis venditarint; lucri causa, et amicorum intercessu praesentantur; addo etiam et magnificis nonnunquam elogiis morum et scientiae; et jam valedicturi testimonialibus hisce litteris, amplissime conscriptis in eorum gratiam honorantur, abiis, qui fidei suae et existimationis jacturam proculdubio faciunt.
—Anatomy of Melancholy
So in the hope of getting that son back home more readily he bought both of these prisoners from the commissioners who were disposing of the spoils. hisce autem inter sese hunc confinxerunt dolum...

Wordnik