Originally Posted By: etaoin
8. choke
9. crank to turn over the engine. it was done right-handed. my dad broke his arm when he was young cranking his brother's car.
10. train

Ah! I see some one did answer the injury question. The medical evidence though indicates that the injury was the breaking of the thumb metacarpal on the right hand. When the engine was cranked, it frequently would back-fire first and the hand of the person cranking the engine would be jerked around with the crank breaking that bone in the hand. However, the knowing person did not lock his thumb around the crank handle and when the engine backfired, the crank would simply be jerked out of the cranker's hand without any injury. I have a positive print of an x-ray taken of my father's hand in the late 1930s showing either that he was not one of those knowing people or that he ignored his experience because of the influence of certain spirits in which he frequently imbibed excessively.

Right! The circus came to town on the train. What was the name of the toy train company that preceded Lionel? The name has slipped my mind. They made an "0" Gauge circus train that today is worth several thousands of dollars (especially now that Obama's administration is making the dollar worthles)s.