Howye fokes! How is things?

I’m not codden ya but with alla the fierce bad weather and everythin, it’s fierce hard fer ta know what season it is fer sure. But lookily, us Teds don’t need ta be relyen on the elemints fer ta deduct what time a the year it is cos, once them frisky little lambs gambol their way inta Slasher’s jint, we know that spring has finally sprung and alla that sorta stuff.

And I’ll tell ya, them little balls a wool just love their bitta gambollen – they gambol on the horses, they gambol on the cards, they gambol on the football, they gambol on the next song ta be played outta the juke-box. But their most favourite thing ta be gambollen on is the dogs.

They usually sit over by the window, with one pinta ribina between them – and 7 straws ta boot - and carefully study the form a the dogs outside on the street. And then after much consideration and after taken a few slurps a the communal ribina the gambollen will start.

“Betcha that cur by the lamp post is a bitch,” one will say ta the other.

“Betcha she’s not.”

“Betcha he’s a out-and-out sheep worrier,” another will say.

“Betcha she’s not.”

“Betcha yer too chicken fer ta go out and find out wether she is or he isn’t.”

“Betcha I’m not.”

Anyways, this was the exact scenario the other day and MadDogTed evintually had ta go over ta see if he could settle the bet and shut them up cos their incessant bleeten was getten too much fer his sinsitive little ears. And fer a small fee he offered fer ta go out and find out if the sed dog was or wasn’t a sheep worrier.

So out he went and after haven a few words with the dog he came back in with the result. “ He’s a sheep worrier fer sure,” sed MadDogTed. “How do ya know?” sed the lambs.

“Cos he told me ta tell ye that a huge consignment a mint sauce had just been delivered ta the local butchers.”

Well, the little sheep were fierce worried at that fer sure and ordered 7 pints a ribina and rum fer ta help ferget their troubles. I suppose it were a case a “dinner all right” fer sure.

Be seein ya

GallantTed
http://www.mayoecho.com/online_edition.htm

Last edited by GallantTed; 04/27/08 10:35 PM.